Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Nope. That's not how it works. You don't get to call me a douchebag, or a princess, or anything else and then tell me to mind my own business. In Texas those are fighting words. You either man up or shut up. Or someone shuts you up very quickly.
Woah... Someone got all emotional yesterday; Again. Just like when it was assumed you could have made more at a high end auction. You cam back with a comment about how rich you are. You seem to have anger issues and act like a baby quite often

Here is a little story on the internet where you treat customers the same way. Your money sure isn't buying happiness. Happy people don't get this pissed off.

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/month-club-tie-c738.html

Similar expereince with Amazing Clubs: Bad club, bad people,
Amazing Club’s amazing CS blunder.
How John Paterson, founder of Amazing Clubs’ (ICG America), replied to a customer complaint with insult-riddled emails.
The customer received an item that was not as ordered and complained to customer service.
The customer received the first shipment from the Beer Of The Month Club sold by Amazing Clubs. The product as advertised on the site clearly promised “up to 4 different varieties” of beer, but only sent 2. When the customer inquired, they told him that the program now only shipped 2 varieties per month. Since the product was not as advertised, the customer canceled the order and requested a full refund and pick up of first shipment.
The initial CSR, also the head of operations for this 10 million dollar firm, treated the customer very rudely. Since she could not counter the valid argument with one of her own, she became more and more rude. The customer had to end the conversation because it was like arguing with an arrogant 12 year old.
Feeling unfairly treated, the customer emailed the company’s founder and followed up to get a reply. When the founder finally responded, he was just as rude as the CSR and even more arrogant. He refused the request for a full refund, said he did not believe the customer and told the customer that the company was better off without him as a customer. In a subsequent email, he became insulting in the manner of a 12 year old. The customer tried to reply, but the founder had blocked his email address- I guess it was important to him to get the last word
Here is a copy/paste of the product description from the web site:
Each monthly selection features twelve bottles of hard-to-find, micro-brewed beer from two different award-winning breweries and each shipment includes up to four different varieties of premium beer.
Here are excerpts from his replies. Not one word in the text selections below has been altered.

-I do not agree with your email nor your comments regarding Elena Loyola
-when it comes to Elena's word vs. yours, it's a very easy choice for me
-Your decision to take your business elsewhere is a very good one for our company
-Your interpretation of our product description aptly demonstrates your remedial understanding of the English language
-And, by all means, please feel free to consider this email harassment
-It's really very simple and even you should be able to understand it
-I realize this is probably hard for you to understand. But then, you are one of those consumers who has been gifted with an unreasonable sense of entitlement
-You are exactly the kind of customer (and person) I try to avoid and that is one of the main reasons I have been so successful in building numerous multi-million dollar companies with hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers
-I'm very, very good at what I do.
-You, on the other hand, are a fine example of what is wrong with our society in this age: just another person who thinks he's special for no reason and who wants to be treated as such without regard to what he is actually entitled
-Best, John Paterson Founder & CEO ICG America, Inc. 203.517.4560 jp@icgamerica. com

And are you sure these soft, perfectly manicured hands can back that "fighting words" threat up?

Old 05-26-2018, 06:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
And are you sure these soft, perfectly manicured hands can back that "fighting words" threat up? [/img]
I can assure you they can. You've got my address. Why not come down to Texas and find out?

Jackass.

And I couldn't be more proud of that email. Probably year one of the business. More than a decade later and that philosophy of holding people accountable and standing up for my employees has helped me grow one of the largest companies in our space.

I'll be posting your personal info in a bit.

Last edited by maninblack; 05-26-2018 at 06:11 AM..
Old 05-26-2018, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Garage
www.swgrading.com

Here ya go.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
gearhead

Back on topic... I think the car was well bought. I don’t think it was well sold. I think the auction house number of $180k soft and stand by my earlier comment this is a $200k car. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see it again before end of summer.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 05-26-2018, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
www.swgrading.com

Here ya go.
Thanks. Would you like me to spell check that site? Someone should.

Hint: It's Southwest, not Soutwest. It's led, not lead.

This is just too easy.

Gotta run. Holiday weekends are meant to be spent on the boat (well, one of the boats).
Old 05-26-2018, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Back on topic... I think the car was well bought. I don’t think it was well sold. I think the auction house number of $180k soft and stand by my earlier comment this is a $200k car. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see it again before end of summer.
Show me the data. Most recent comparable just a few months ago:

$158,000 plus buyer's commission. Seller netted $142,200 (less expenses).

https://www.rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/AZ18/Arizona/lots/r150-1976-porsche-911-turbo-carrera/563551

Turbo market has softened. You're either in denial or ignorant. Then again, you don't see the cars that I do.

And it won't be sold again. It went into the private collection of an uber-wealthy individual.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Garage
Bat - ‘76 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Thanks. Would you like me to spell check that site? Someone should.

Hint: It's Southwest, not Soutwest. It's led, not lead.

This is just too easy.

Gotta run. Holiday weekends are meant to be spent on the boat (well, one of the boats).

Haha. Thanks for the spellcheck. I’ll let the IT company know. Unless you want to take care of it.

Really? Another money comment. Pathetic.
See you in September. I’m always curious how people act face to face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2018, 07:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)
gearhead

I’m laughing at the grammar Nazi who equates typos with ignorance.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 05-26-2018, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)

Bubble has burst

I am with Matt.At least a 200k car.When an original car like this which is an Icon sells for 165k the turbo market is flat.Maybe pu911 can offer some insight on this latest development in the market.Great color and in the condition as it left the factory except for tires.It is possible the opoid epidemic has affected the brains of the auction houses?I have always held an original car in a much higher regard than one that has been restored.Just musings from a 45 year PCA member.Fred
Old 05-26-2018, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by faapgar View Post
I am with Matt.At least a 200k car.When an original car like this which is an Icon sells for 165k the turbo market is flat.Maybe pu911 can offer some insight on this latest development in the market.Great color and in the condition as it left the factory except for tires.It is possible the opoid epidemic has affected the brains of the auction houses?I have always held an original car in a much higher regard than one that has been restored.Just musings from a 45 year PCA member.Fred
Well it’s obviously not a 200k car if it just sold for 165k plus commish. I think the seller did well, and I agree with him that he would’ve netted less with more expenses had it gone to an auction house. The market has softened a bit in my opinion. I don’t have near the warehouse full of Porsches that he does, but enough to have a solid pulse on the market. I’d say that this car was better sold than bought in my own humble opinion.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)

Garage
Rough crowd, now about that free beer.....
Old 05-26-2018, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

Garage
Agreed, before this thread went drastically off-course this was my contention. Bat has nice niche, but I just don't think (my opinion) this was the correct selling platform for this car. Much more upside, especially for a prospective buyer at Amelia or Monterey. And again, it was not represented in the best, most favorable condition, which has been mentioned ad nauseam. But as the seller mentioned there are risks to auction houses which are evident. We’re all just voicing our opinions on here which is what these forums are all about. Great car, I hope I see it again, good luck to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faapgar View Post

Last edited by shlobeck; 05-26-2018 at 12:41 PM..
Old 05-26-2018, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlobeck View Post
Agreed, before this thread went drastically off-course this was my contention. Bat has nice niche, but I just don't think (my opinion) this was the correct selling platform for this car. Much more upside, especially for a prospective buyer at Amelia or Monterey. And again, it was not represented in the best, most favorable condition, which has been mentioned ad nauseam. But as the seller mentioned there are risks to auctions houses which are evident. We’re all just voicing our opinions on here which is what these forums are all about. Great car, I hope I see it again, good luck to all.
Agree. At the end if the day if the seller is happy and the buyer is happy then the car made a deal. The rest is just key jockeying.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 05-26-2018, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)
USAF VET

Garage
For those on a budget:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2178168

MattR
Old 05-26-2018, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)

Garage
Long time reader, first time poster (of this here thread).

Holy Moses!

Usually come here to LMAO and/or gain insight from the gurus but this got a bit Freudian with the “mine’s bigger than yours rhetoric.”

Speaking of BaT, stay tuned for a neat little Dino in the pipeline (shameless plug from the dark side).
Old 05-26-2018, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Wow...... what a display of insecurity........ very fitting given the times we live in.......

Confidence in oneself is best defined by Popeye....... "I yam what I yam"
Old 05-26-2018, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
Long time reader, first time poster (of this here thread).

Holy Moses!

Usually come here to LMAO and/or gain insight from the gurus but this got a bit Freudian with the “mine’s bigger than yours rhetoric.”

Speaking of BaT, stay tuned for a neat little Dino in the pipeline (shameless plug from the dark side).
Always liked the Dino GT4. So very underrated for so very very long. Why did they paint so many in that color? I always thought they drove very well. Very classic. They hung around in the $20K region for so long - then it happened. It's probably actually worth it to restore one now. That's a great thing. Sweet ride. You rarely see them that clean. The paint on those cars always were always orange-peeled and spider webbed.

To me it drove better than a 308 GTB. Amazing to think that's the only Ferrari? we got here in the US in the mid-70s. Too bad the Mondial replaced it. Never was a Mondial fan...
Old 05-26-2018, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)

The car sold for what the market bears period. If the seller is content...that's all that matters. The market is not soft...the market has been correcting itself. These early Turbos were $20-30K cars for a long time. A friend purchased a nice 76 for $35k in 2013. It was only in the past 5-6 years that everything went bananas. Now that prices have come down (correcting) some are complaining about how much more something should have sold for. What is funny is that the ones that are complaining are the ones that were criticizing the market when the cars were taking off in price. Just look at how many early 930's have been on the market for 1-2 years with a price above $200k...you will see they are not moving like they were. On a positive note you will probably never see prices at $35k again(even for a beater)....so it's still a win!
Old 05-27-2018, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

Is the market for early Turbos this soft?

Old 05-27-2018, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom F2 View Post
Is the market for early Turbos this soft?

Nope that car was sold on BAT a couple of weeks ago. So either the ad was in error or a scam
Old 05-27-2018, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: