Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

964 C2 Value

Itís kind of tough finding C2 comporables so I wanted to see what your guys think. I found a good ďdriverĒ 90 C2 manual with about 110k Miles in a desirable color combo. No major engine work, decent original paint, and a nice interior. There hasnít been any major engine work (no rebuild) but the car pulls strong. Iím going to have a PPI done but curious to see what you guys think a good driver is worth in the current market?
Old 06-10-2018, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Probably around $50k + if documented and no major needs and 5spd since it's a desirable color. A bunch of needs on the PPI should bring the price down, but there are allot ballers ready to drop $50k for a clean C2 Coupe with some issues that are planning on turning them into an elaborate Hot Rod build, Singer etc... If it's either Ruby Stone, Maritime, or Mint expect to pay a $10k premium at least. I follow the market closely and C2 Coupe 5spd cars get swooped up in a matter of minutes if priced correctly.

Here's recent comp on a 93 common color GR/Black, no Cup 1s. 92k. Sold very quickly at full ask I believe.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace/1073219-fs-1993-porsche-c2-manual.html

Last edited by specialtyoneinc; 06-12-2018 at 08:05 AM..
Old 06-12-2018, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Former Options Trader !!!

Strictly from basic economics stand point.... if something is "swooped up in a matter of minutes" then it wasn't priced correctly, it was too cheap.

That 1993 is more desirable than a 1990. Even still a clean C2 manual coupe in decent shape with those miles is easily going to be in the $50's these days.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader220 View Post
Strictly from basic economics stand point.... if something is "swooped up in a matter of minutes" then it wasn't priced correctly, it was too cheap.

That 1993 is more desirable than a 1990. Even still a clean C2 manual coupe in decent shape with those miles is easily going to be in the $50's these days.
True. But there are so few good ones that pop up at a fair market people are lining up to buy them. At least iíve Noticed this on RL. This excludes the shady dealers on flea bay that seem to have a new one every week Crazy market on the C2 Coupes.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Good info guys, I appreciate it. Iíve been researching values on Pelican and RL, your responses help validate what Iíve found. The 964 C2ís seem to be getting harder to find, in the past 6 months+ Iíve only found a handful in my price range (50ís) in the color combo Iím looking for. Hopefully the PPI goes well because this has been my dream since I was a kid.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I recently sold my 94 964 C2, blk/blk, manual w/91k on the odometer for $68k. She was very well taken care of but there were a few spots of clear coat lift on the paint work and the front bumper had a crack on the left side from a fox getting in my way one evening.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I agreed on a price with the seller just north of $50K pending a PPI. I'm waiting on the PPI report to be completed but initial comments from the Porsche Tech are that this 964 has some issues. Oil pressure issue that needs to be diagnosed, leaking a lot of oil, tracked, leaking shocks, and some other issues. It's a definitely a "driver" and I don't think the seller want's to play ball under the price we agreed on before the PPI. I just don't want to have to dump a ton of money into a 964 right off the bat. Ugh!
Old 06-15-2018, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Is this a private sale ?
Old 06-15-2018, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Is this a private sale ?
Yes, it is. The seller flips cars of all types.

Last edited by Dtronics; 06-15-2018 at 08:57 AM..
Old 06-15-2018, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Does the car happen to be Amazon Green and from the South?
Old 06-15-2018, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyoneinc View Post
Does the car happen to be Amazon Green and from the South?
No, it's a more common color in a different part of the country.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtronics View Post
Yes, it is. The seller flips cars of all types.
That isn't a private sale given the flipper's probably shopped the car around already.

$50K+ for a tracked car with questionable drivetrain sounds high.

Last edited by pmax; 06-15-2018 at 01:06 PM..
Old 06-15-2018, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I agreed on a price with the seller just north of $50K pending a PPI. I'm waiting on the PPI report to be completed but initial comments from the Porsche Tech are that this 964 has some issues. Oil pressure issue that needs to be diagnosed, leaking a lot of oil, tracked, leaking shocks, and some other issues. It's a definitely a "driver" and I don't think the seller want's to play ball under the price we agreed on before the PPI. I just don't want to have to dump a ton of money into a 964 right off the bat. Ugh!
Sounds like you should move on, unless the dealer/flipper is letting it go for cheap (lower $40s). Leaking allot of oil will require roughly a minimum of $3-5k of work at a reputable shop. If you want the modify the car for head gaskets expect to pay allot more. Repairs aren't cheap. Spend the extra money on a sorted car because the ones with needs will end up costing you more in the long run.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Here are some pics of the oil leaks. It’s seems bad at the bottom of the engine.

Last edited by Dtronics; 06-15-2018 at 04:54 PM..
Old 06-15-2018, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
That isn't a private sale given the flipper's probably shopped the car around already.

$50K+ for a tracked car with questionable drivetrain sounds high.
I agree. Thanks for taking the time to respond and add color to this. I appreciate it.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyoneinc View Post
Sounds like you should move on, unless the dealer/flipper is letting it go for cheap (lower $40s). Leaking allot of oil will require roughly a minimum of $3-5k of work at a reputable shop. If you want the modify the car for head gaskets expect to pay allot more. Repairs aren't cheap. Spend the extra money on a sorted car because the ones with needs will end up costing you more in the long run.
Thatís kind of where Iím at right now. Iíd rather pay more up front for a solid car than to start dumping a lot of money into a car that isnít right. This car showed up right near me in the northeast. Most of these ones Iíve found have been west coast cars so I got really excited with this one but I want to make the right decision. Iíve wanted this car for a long time so it sucks when you get close. I know many can relate.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
This guy is trying to sell his 964 C2. You should reach out to him.

Feeler for Sister cars
Old 06-15-2018, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamlin000 View Post
This guy is trying to sell his 964 C2. You should reach out to him.

Feeler for Sister cars
Thanks man. His 964 is the color I want. I did see his ad for both cars this week but Iíve been so wrapped up with this other car that I didnít reach out but I just did. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I just don't want to have to dump a ton of money into a 964 right off the bat. Ugh!
Maybe you're in the wrong game. The newest ones are now 25 years old. There were myriad issues with them. It was a very dark period in Porsches history when they were made. The world economy had tanked. No matter what, the issues you will have (and you will have them) will need to be addressed, even if the guy sealed the motor per Porsche specs back in the '90s. Welcome to the jungle.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Maybe you're in the wrong game. The newest ones are now 25 years old. There were myriad issues with them. It was a very dark period in Porsches history when they were made. The world economy had tanked. No matter what, the issues you will have (and you will have them) will need to be addressed, even if the guy sealed the motor per Porsche specs back in the '90s. Welcome to the jungle.
I appreciate the comment. I havenít had 964ís but Iíve had a lot of cars. Without a ton of air cooled experience, Iím trying to gain knowledge from you guys. At the end of the day, itís been a dream for me and now Iím finally in the position to get one but I donít want to throw money out the window on a bad car. This is why Iím asking questions. I know the 964 is what I want and I know itís not an Accord. I research everything nowadays and I wanted to get some insights from the community. I hope that I can join you in the jungle and help others in the future!
Old 06-15-2018, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: