Pelican Parts
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Panamera & Taycan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
It'll be legen-waitforit

Porsche Exhaust Tips install

So pretty productive weekend; got the weight of the Panamera Turbo - 4361 lbs so I figured the Quickjack would hold it. So up it went to do the oil change. After that added the IPD plenum and went to put on the Porsche Exhaust tips from Suncoast, that's where my smile turn to frustration...

Due to being exhaust the old tips did not want to come off, penetrating oil, mallet and muscle, I was able to remove all but one clamp , so went to use my dremel to cut it off but the sport exhaust servo's were in the way, so I went to test fit the new tips.

This is where I am kind of perplexed as the new tips don't fit on the old pipes. The diameter is just slightly less on the new pipes. I would expand the flanges but the new tips have the tightening strap tack welded on so I can't take it right off.

I've emailed and called Suncoast to make sure I was given the right ones, but I'm not sure I can make them fit. Anyone put these new tips on to a turbo with sport exhaust?

Tonight I will jack it up and try again, maybe some emory cloth to take off some of the rust, but still not sure how to get these on...

Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 06-24-2019, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Strange, the factory sport tips I got from Suncoast don’t quite fit. The pipe from the resonators actually gets bigger then smaller before the opening (a bulge).

I checked the workshop manual and it says to cut the pipe, but it doesn’t look long enough for that. I thought this would be an unbolt bolt deal, but it doesn’t look like it.

Has anyone done the tips on a PTT with sport exhaust?

Bueller, bueller?
Old 06-25-2019, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

So I took a trip to the Porsche dealership and had them lookup the part numbers for the tips, apparently they only work on 2011 and onward. Thanks Suncoast

I’ll be heading to a muffler shop tomorrow to see what they can do for me.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

That's a bummer to hear. Did they ever get back to you about fitment? They should update their site about that. I'm sure an exhaust shop should be able to do something if they're good at fabricating. If you were here in CO I'd recommend the perfect shop for you. Good luck, let us know what happens!
Old 07-01-2019, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Thanks, I did call them and they said “they should fit”, and “we don’t know installations” ...
Old 07-01-2019, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

So to end this thread, Porsche locally said they will only fit 2011 and up. The muffler shop (good guy) said he “can install them” but it wouldn’t be pretty (if it was a Camry it’d be ok), so I give up.

The tips are going back, I’m polishing the ones I have, and had to order new clamps as I had to cut some off, sad day all around... I guess my vison changes a little as I do not want to change the sport exhaust...

Sadly I give up...

Last edited by stealthn; 07-02-2019 at 05:54 PM..
Old 07-02-2019, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Administrator

How about a custom fab from a shop? I have a good friend here in Colorado that has a fab shop and does custom stuff constantly. I know you're in Canada, but could be an option for him to bring in a mule car and fab something custom up for you and ship. Just an idea if you're really wanting something special!
Old 07-08-2019, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Thanks Luccia,

I did go to a good shop and he said he could do it but wouldn’t recommend a hack job. I actually found FVD makes some that will fit the PSE, so I’ve ordered them.

Guess I’m not done yet

I also ordered their tune to take moby dick to 590 HP
Old 07-08-2019, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: