Pelican Parts
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Panamera & Taycan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
It'll be legen-waitforit

Sport cats or Cat delete

Hi,

Anyone put on sport cats or gone with cat delete for their pano?

Considering the FVD sport cats and resonator delete, but dang it's pricey.

Would like a little better sound and a few more ponies would be nice (to see if I can take it over 600)

Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 02-28-2020, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

i was looking at the fabspeed setup. did you ever get anything for the exhaust? was thinking of leaving the stock mufflers but changing up to them.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

I haven’t yet but I will, just waiting for exchange to go down. I have sport exhaust so I won’t change out the mufflers. Debating cat delete as sport cats are over twice as much, and probably a resonator delete too.

I have the tune so that’s no problem. I will post when I get when I decide
Old 06-29-2020, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Going with Cat deletes (mainly due to price). They are on order and FVD has already supplied me with the flash upgrade. I will test them first for sound/drone/performance then decide if I want to do a resonator delete as well.

Keeping the PSE on though, canít wait!
Old 07-08-2020, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

i was reading that you would get check engine light with cat delete but think they said at fvd they can get rid of that code with flash update. curious to see how it works
Old 07-08-2020, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Will let you know, I have the FVD flash already, with the updated code.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

seeing how the exhaust is coming. have u received it yet? in the pics it looks like it has cats so wondering if that is just for looks. was wondering how hard the get the bolts off at header. thanks
Old 07-26-2020, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Just arrived today... Going on on Wed. I will let you know the results

Old 07-27-2020, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Just got the PTT back, apparently the bolts at the turbos were brutal so they let them sit in penetrating oil overnight.

I did the flash and brought her home, all I can is WOW! the car sounds unreal, best Panamera I've ever heard. Tried both PSE on and off and what a great combo!

Car sounds like a powerfull V8 now, and it will only get better once the throttle learns it's cycles and the "cats" burn in a little.

I have a video from before so I will take one when I get a helper to show/hear the difference.

I'm really glad I didn't do the reasonator delete as it would have been too loud.

Stay tuned, and THANKS! FVD
Old 07-30-2020, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

did the pipes have the round "cat tube" on them. it looks like they do in picture for visual. was worried about those turbo bolts but gonna order one soon.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Yes, my tech even asked if they have cats, I explained itís to ďpassĒ visual inspection.

I ordered mine with all the mounting hardware as well as I knew exhaust would be a pain.

The strange thing on the factory ones is they have two bungs, one before the cat and one that looks like itís in the middle of the cat.

Old 07-30-2020, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: