Pelican Parts
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Panamera & Taycan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
It'll be legen-waitforit

PCM with Sirius rebooting

What a nightmare,

So my PCM started rebooting every two minutes (I think first on Monday), after a quick search I see it's all PCM's (in all vehicles) with Sirius; Sirius sent an update that pooches the PCM. The fix is to do a vehicle handover via the PCM - for some...

Mine didn't fix it, so I took it to Lamborghini and got one of their techs with PIWIS to reset it, no joy, I called Porsche Canada and they are aware of the issue and told me to go into Porsche. I called the dealership, told them the reset did not work for me so come in. I go there today and they tell me they can only do the reset, so I asked why the hell did they tell me to come in?!

I came home and immediately cancelled the Sirius service. I read elsewhere the older PCM's (2010ish) are different that the newer ones and cancelling the service then doing the reset will fix it.

Waiting an hour after the cancellation then ill try the reset. I'll post here when done.

Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 05-29-2020, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Scotiagreg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthn View Post
What a nightmare,

So my PCM started rebooting every two minutes (I think first on Monday), after a quick search I see it's all PCM's (in all vehicles) with Sirius; Sirius sent an update that pooches the PCM. The fix is to do a vehicle handover via the PCM - for some...

Mine didn't fix it, so I took it to Lamborghini and got one of their techs with PIWIS to reset it, no joy, I called Porsche Canada and they are aware of the issue and told me to go into Porsche. I called the dealership, told them the reset did not work for me so come in. I go there today and they tell me they can only do the reset, so I asked why the hell did they tell me to come in?!

I came home and immediately cancelled the Sirius service. I read elsewhere the older PCM's (2010ish) are different that the newer ones and cancelling the service then doing the reset will fix it.

Waiting an hour after the cancellation then ill try the reset. I'll post here when done.

I'm in the same boat with my 2010 PT. I did the handover process 3 or 4 times and it didn't help. I have parked the car 3 days ago inside my garage so the XM signal is interrupted and I put a trickle charge on just in case...... rumour is that the XM signal will cause the PCM to re-boot every few minutes even if the ignition is off.

I called the local Porsche dealer ( 1 hour away) and they said.... "we don't know but you will need to bring it in".... not really interested in doing that if they are only planning to do the same reset that I have already executed to no avail. Major Drag!!!!!
Old 05-29-2020, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Just went out to the car to check this, and you’re right. I heard the PCM reboot while the car was off, no screen just the noise. Powered on the car to see it was at 12v

I pulled fuse 3 on the drivers side dash fuses (10A) to prevent this. I have an antigravity battery so I’m not worried, but definitely a concern I’ll bring up to PCNA as this is now a safety issue.

Called Porsche Canada and explained it not working and the dealership not doing anything about it, they said they would contact the dealer and try to get it resolved.... face-palm

Last edited by stealthn; 05-29-2020 at 12:48 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Update: cancelling Sirius and doing the handover didnít fix it.

I called Porsche and complained about the whole issue and how the local dealer handled it. Dealer service called me today to apologize and book a service. They said mine would be the first that the handover didnít work, and they and Porsche are interested to learn more. He also said Porsche told dealers not to replace PCM now as it sounds like they are looking into it (in Germany).

Looking at other forums, this is not the first time Sirius has done this to PCMís so you think they would have figured it out by now...
Old 06-01-2020, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Scotiagreg

Garage
Update

Had my 2010 PT in to Porsche Halifax yesterday. They tried Handover twice ( I told them it didn't work when I tried myself)... that didn't work. They tried to update the PCM software but when they installed the discs, the car would only reboot so they could not complete the install. They said they "would open a ticket with Porsche", and call me when they heard back.

I have removed the #3 fuse and now I have no PCM but I can drive in peace.

This problem is now 11 days old and we are no closer to a permanent solution.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Similar,

Had put my #3 fuse back in yesterday and fired her up today, no change; reboots and I still have Sirius. Maybe be Friday it will be resolved but who knows.

Maybe it's a 2010 thing....I think the more cases that go to Porsche the better we will be. I have also heard that a lot of people who did the reset and it worked, it only lasted a week before rebooting again...
Old 06-03-2020, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Update, car has been at Porsche since Friday, they are on the second round of software updates from Porsche trying to fix it. Surprising they can’t figure it out...
Old 06-09-2020, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Just got it back and itís fixed! (4 days at Porsche)

description is kind of Greek, but from what it says it looks like they took XM off PCM, ran the software update, did handover, and re-enabled XM.

​​​​​​​so far so good everything works...
Old 06-09-2020, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Scotiagreg

Garage
Good to know, I'll share with Porsche Halifax and see if they can fix mine.

Thanks, Greg
Old 06-10-2020, 04:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Good luck Greg, let us know how it turns out. I actually missed Sirius today as I has a 6 hour road trip for business.

One thing I did notice is in reverse I donít have the guild lines anymore. If itís a setting, I canít figure out where to enable it.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Found it on a Macan thread Car, Options, set car, set parking, turn on RTC, and I have memory seats so I re-set my settings.

Old 06-11-2020, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: