Pelican Parts
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Panamera & Taycan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Panamera replace Mercedes wagon?

Starting to consider replacement options for my Brides V8 wagon. Vehicle needs to have fold down rear seats and provisions for a roof rack so we can relocate in winter. Are these possible with a gen 1 Panamera? AWD and predictable snow driving are also a requirement

Photos with the seats down would be really appreciated and comments about rear visibility, close quarters parking etc and how it might compare to the "drive it like you're mad at it" or "heavy" feel of the E500. Also the air suspension is a concern after replacing all the components on the Mercedes over the yrs. Will the Panamera need the same at 100K...some consider these wear items??

This will be her choice, and she's receptive but options for a powerful wagon are limited. Thanks ahead for the input.

Nearly 40 years and over 300K with two 911's, one very fine, one not

Old 12-29-2020, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Hi,

I have a 2010 Turbo and it’s a great car, mainly used for hauling family and winter daily driver. Seats fold down but have a slight up angle, but it’s still lots of space. I’ll see if I can take a picture.
I have a roof rack on mine (Yakima) which I just got new upright adaptors from my old Ram. I use a storage box in the winter and on holidays, and two dual kayaks in the summer.
I haven’t had issues with air suspension, but then have never had a car I haven’t had to replace the compressor with (will probably happen on the PTT) some day.

Mine is tuned to about 600 HP now and it’s Fast! But surprisingly gets fantastic highway mileage. There are a ton of electronics and computers which I would think would be the weakest part of the car, and anything related needs to be fixed with PIWIS so that’s a negative.

Coming from a Dodge Ram parking and smaller spaces is no problem, visibility is good, back window is kind of small, but workable. Backup sensors and camera help a lot going backwards.

Good luck.
Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 12-31-2020, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Thanks for the info Bob...good stuff. What's your spin on Mobey Dick being the bride's daily driver?
Pretty sure a turbo's overkill and a 4S more realistic but the market appears very good for all first gen Panos and the turbo's seem to have all the right cold weather options.

How's your do in the snow?

Still like to see photos of the rear with the seats down fi you get a chance. Thanks again Ernie
Old 01-22-2021, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Mine is fine in the winter, I just got new snow tires ( a must) so it's a lot better than last year. It is a heavy car but I drive it daily without issues.

Sorry I forgot about the pictures, attached are the seats down and yo would have to remove the toneau if you want full size/space. I put a shop rag roll in the middle for size reference.

Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 01-22-2021, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Not sure if it matters, but I think the early Panamera were only 4-seaters. Not sure when they became 5 seaters - Gen II maybe? How about a cross shop with an Audi RS7

2000 Boxster 2.7, 1987 944
1978 911SC, 1976 914 2.0, 1970 914 w/2056

Last edited by racer; Yesterday at 10:13 AM..
Old 01-22-2021, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: