Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Classified Ads > R1100S Bikes and Parts For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I just traded my 99 for a set of upgraded turbos for my 550i.. couldn't find a buyer even at $2k..
Somehow my 89 K100RS in project shape sold for $1250, had a dozen people interested in it too.
Matt
Old 08-04-2018, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Jon

Garage
It's a crap shoot let's face it. But a nice bike well maintained is worth what it is to the buyer... Find what you like and enjoy it.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I think the real key to value of the r11s is service records....IMO, without service records, take $1500 off any price.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Looks like reality is starting to materialize, but the seller is just not there yet...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/eBay-Motors/6024/i.html?_sop=10&_nkw=bmw+r1100s&LH_ItemCondition=4& _fosrp=1

Larry, service records are key with any bike or car that I am looking at. Without any single shred of evidence of any work done, I always presume that it hasn't. For me, most of the time service records on hand is the difference between buy or pass.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

I missed out on a couple deals and ended up paying top dollar/$5500 for a 2004 with bags and 9500 original miles. From the pictures it looked like you could eat off it. Took a train to a friends and we drove his truck another 3 hours to find you could eat off it. Could have waited for a better deal but being 67 years old thought it would be foolish to miss a summer of riding the bike I always wanted over some money. Runs like a top and is the best handling BMW I've ever had.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

As great as the R11S may be, it is now being squeezed by price reduction on later models, including the R12R variants. The R1150/1200 R bikes are not the sport touring that the R11S is but they are quite capable bikes and can tour all day long. While the later production was very limited on air cooled boxer powered sport models, K-bikes provided more than ample sport feel for price similar to those of current R11s.

It appears to me that R11S is now really a niche model. Those that know and understand its virtues, like davidbea, will continue to search out and buy the best. For the rest it is all about the price now as the market has newer and potentially better BMW models to offer for not much more. Years down the road R11S will resurface as one of the more desirable Beemers to own, akin to R69S or R90S This is just my opinion and I would love to hear different point of views...
Old 08-19-2018, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: