Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Classified Ads > R1100S Bikes and Parts For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: 2004 Boxer Cup #245

After long deliberations, I am putting my 2004 BCR #245 on the market. This will be first time since 2011 that I will not have a Beemer in my garage.

- With less than 3900 miles on the clock (not a typo) this is one of the lowest mileage and cleanest BCRs that is still ridden.
- Current California registration until July 2019 and a clean California title.
- #245 is a non-ABS, non-heated grip model (reduced maintenance costs and increased long term reliability).
- Full Remus exhaust
- Ilmberger rear tire hugger
- NEVER BEEN:dropped, tipped over in the driveway (my favorite), raced or tracked
- ALWAYS BEEN: loved and pampered
- Bike has service by San Diego BMW in June '16 at 3076 miles which included the following:
- Gel Battery
- Replacement of entire fuel system
- Spark plugs
- Clean tank
- Front Metzeler tire 120/70R17
- Rear Metzeler tire 180/55R17
- Oil Service
- Safety inspection
- TOTAL $2631

- Bike was consigned to SD BMW by a collector and was sold to friend of mine. I bought the bike from him in June of this year and but about 300 miles on the bike, which is close to what he put in two years of his ownership.
- Bike always stored in the garage upright.
- There is a small chip on the belly pan (see pic). Otherwise it looks a like a showroom piece.
- BMW Front Pit Bull stand is included at full asking price.
- Its a perfect candidate for someone looking for a mint BCR with all the right equipment on it. Bike is priced at $8200. Reasonable offers considered. I am located in greater Los Angeles.

Last edited by Tirefriar; 08-27-2018 at 10:08 PM..
Old 08-26-2018, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered Agitator

Garage
Nice collection growing there.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoodwin View Post
Nice collection growing there.
You can seize this rare opportunity to acquire 25% of it
Old 08-28-2018, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

You can blame it all on the Brutale. Just had the MV set up at Dave Moss clinic and its a day and night. The Brutale has closer to 10k miles so it does get ridden and I don't mind putting even more miles as its really my go to rider now...
Old 08-28-2018, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Registered Agitator

Garage
I wouldn't know what to do with it. I've never owned any garage queens, all mine get the crap ridden out of them. My low mile bike, the Aprilia has 22k+ on it & growing fast. Living in a 12 month riding zone adds mileage fast.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoodwin View Post
I wouldn't know what to do with it. I've never owned any garage queens, all mine get the crap ridden out of them.
No one would stop you from doing it here.

Remember that all your bikes were new at one time, this one is no different.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Looks like a bolt is missing from the valve cover... ??
How much maintenance does it need?
Old 08-30-2018, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

The bolt is missing from the cover, not sure why but I have a replacement.

I listed the maintenance performed by San Diego BMW about 750 miles ago. List is very extensive, covers oil, battery, tires and the entire fuel system overhaul. Most of it was due to age, except the fuel system which occurred as result of not being used. Needs absolutely nothing, just ride and enjoy.

Last edited by Tirefriar; 08-30-2018 at 08:39 PM..
Old 08-30-2018, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

The CF cover screw is back in place. Checked remaining ones for tightness, all good.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

No interest in one of the lowest mileage Boxer Cups in the country, perhaps even worldwide?
Old 09-07-2018, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
I would like to move it so that I can set out on search for an RSV Mille R.
A Gen II like this one, George?

(click to enlarge)

J.S.

Last edited by Jozef Schumann; 09-16-2018 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: just spotted a typo
Old 09-16-2018, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Yes, gen 2 RSV 1000 R Factory is what I am after. I misspoke in my earlier post as I originally said RSV Mille R. Beautiful bike Jozef.

I originally was after a gen 2 Tuono Factory but local pickings were slim. In the end I ended up with MV Brutale 1090RR which is a great bike on its own but I still love the sound of the V2. I want to get an Ape but don't need 2 uprights, hence the search for RSV 1000 R...Factory.....

Last edited by Tirefriar; 09-16-2018 at 09:39 PM..
Old 09-16-2018, 09:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

hmmmmm. Wait a sec. Was it you who was interested in my Tuono "factory racing" on the AF1 site last year?

J.S.

Last edited by Jozef Schumann; 09-16-2018 at 10:48 PM..
Old 09-16-2018, 10:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Perhaps. I looked at several. Were you selling yours then?
Old 09-17-2018, 12:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered Agitator

Garage
I've noticed a few really low mileage RSVR's for sale that didn't look as low mileage as they said. Be aware that this model has a reset problem with the speedo if the battery gets too low & you try to start it, ie make sure the mileage is really what you see. An fyi, I have a '00 RSV Mille & my friend has an '08 RSVR and I find the older one way more comfortable as you sit in it versus on it as on the RSVR. It took him awhile to get used to it. He found putting a 190/55 on the rear really improved the handling. Jozeph's are some of the nicest I've seen pics of, sort of like your's George.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

You are spot on Scott and thanks for the reminder. I learned about the mileage reset issue after reading the Aprilia forum, applies to Tuonos as well. The first generation appears to get much more positive feedback than second generation bikes but I like the styling of the latter. Both generations present excellent value with prices being more than reasonable compared to what you get in general. Test rides on both would be ideal, but I bought many bikes in the past without a test ride...

Last edited by Tirefriar; 09-17-2018 at 05:53 AM..
Old 09-17-2018, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

As an FYI and for those of you who are also Aprilia owners and AF1 members, here's a detailed look at my remedy to the charging issue. I actually used this bike in the pictorial how-to. It has now become the benchmark fix with who knows how many converts.

By the way, I'm aka BMEPdoc on that forum.

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?295993-Mille-Tuono-Mosfet-Lithium-conversion

J.S.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
You are spot on Scott and thanks for the reminder. I learned about the mileage reset issue after reading the Aprilia forum, applies to Tuonos as well. The first generation appears to get much more positive feedback than second generation bikes but I like the styling of the latter. Both generations present excellent value with prices being more than reasonable compared to what you get in general. Test rides on both would be ideal, but I bought many bikes in the past without a test ride...
I dislocated my right shoulder about a month ago so its still a bit sore but I believe I can manage a couple of hours.

George, I'd be more than happy to let you take my '03 'R' for a spin. Like you, I also purchased a bike before taking a spin on one. It was my R12S. I immediately regretted the purchase and couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

My brother and myself often take out a couple machines for a sortie. We spent a 300+ mile day up in the sierra around Sherman Pass and back swapping bikes along the way. The Aprilia simply outeverythinged the 12 in every conceivable metric. Acceleration, cruising, brakes, even ergos and of course....the handling. Oh my, do the apes turn. Simply magic.

I had the 12 for as long as took to get rid of it and ended up buying a 'prep' 11S - after taking it for a spin still butthurt from the disappointment of the 12.

The 11S was everything the 12 wasn't. It was comfortable and sure, it didn't have the punch of its successor but everything else was just about perfect. Matter of fact, I still have that bike today. It's remarkable in the way it does everything well and with 100k miles and counting (2 transmissions and my superscheibe clutch disc later) - I'm going to ride this thing until the wheels fall off.....well, errrrrrm.

We'll need to talk. Perhaps your BCR'll fit in the garage. Matter of fact, I believe I have a part which yours needs in order to make it more aesthetically presentable. j/k - I'll have to check my parts stash.

J.S.

Last edited by Jozef Schumann; 09-17-2018 at 10:00 AM..
Old 09-17-2018, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: