Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Classified Ads > R1100S Bikes and Parts For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTB- R1100 engine spoiler

I keep missing the engine/chin spoilers that come for sale in this forum, so wanted to see if anyone had one for sale. It can have some rough edges, scratches, etc as I plan on refinishing and then painting the part to match my Mandrian/Grey color scheme.

Thanks
Doug

BMW R1100S
Old 10-13-2011, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

BMW Roundel engine spoiler

Check eBay,.under BMW R1100s parts. There was one there a few weeks ago in kinda rough shape for $235.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I have a carbon fiber one that is brand new with a small crack I will sell for $150
Old 10-13-2011, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Gasteropod Rider

Garage
You can get the dr122 bcr pan in fiberglass for about $100 on ebay. Add about the same to make your mounting hardware yourself (see the little thing I made here to have an idea : http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/c10cob4l01/bellypan_mounting.pdf

looks like that

Last edited by Meeni; 10-14-2011 at 06:57 AM..
Old 10-14-2011, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I did see the part on ebay and notice it has come down in price b ut it would require some work to fix.

audi4kq, I would be interested in your part...sent you a PM.

Meeni, nice looking belly pan. I though I might go that route but wanted to keep my centerstand but didnt want to remove/add parts whenever I went touring.

Has anyone taken the dr122 bcr pan and modified it by cutting the rear portion so that the center stand can be retain? I'm thinking you can cut but it would be difficult to find new rear mounting points.
Thanks all.
BMW R1100S
Old 10-14-2011, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Gasteropod Rider

Garage
I have been thinking of doing just that myself (not for the center stand, but for the removable stand from wunderlich).

It would probably work and look somewhat similar to what it is now. There are two threaded holes just on top of the mounting point I currently use, so something could easily be retrofitted to attach the pan to this rather than the centerstand holes it uses atm. With ingenuity, it can be done !

The cut fiberglass might become weak, but nothing that a small aluminium rail glued to it cannot fix.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

engineer

Garage
Hi Audi 4kq
Very interrested in your carbon fiber spoiler! can you send me pictures of it and its crack?
Thanks , Gabriel.
( perrigno@pacbell.net )
Old 10-16-2011, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

chin spoiler

audi4kg sent you a PM on your spoiler
BMW R1100S
Old 10-16-2011, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Basic bicycle repair know

Check eBay and Amazon under BMW R1100s Bike parts.
Find out all you need to know about the bicycle parts accessories, road bike accessories, chopper bicycle parts, bike parts, mountain bike parts,road bike accessories, chopper bicycle parts specially for the amateur cyclists at bikes-bicycle-parts.com.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
daynkc,

I too am shopping for a pan/spoiler that is both affordable and that I can still keep my center stand with. But I'm not a fan of the short, little whisps of a spoiler that I see sometime.

Have to say, I like the look of the mandarin bike in the pic above. If I can just figure out how to do it and still be able to use the center stand.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: