Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Classifieds > R1100S Bikes and Parts For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Follower of Jesus Christ

Garage
Newbie lookin for a ride

I have been looking around for a BMW and have fallen in love with these R100sa machines. Never riddin one but I am moving up from an F650CS. I looked to move to the 800st but am concerned about some of the issues with that bikes earlier models. These R's seem to go fast so if you want to sell I am a willing buyer. Looking for any indepth reviews etc. either I have not hit the right search yet or something else but other then here and the BMWMOA site ... not a lot of info. Directions?

what years where the bikes produces?
any shortcomings - no bike is perfect, save to the eye of the owner!
What's a high mileage unit? 50 60k?
I'll spend good money for the right bike and pick it up or ship. I am in South Carolina.

Forums are a great source of info and I suspect it will be no different here thank you in advance...

JM
Old 06-21-2012, 05:49 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Bike for sale

I have a mandarin yellow 2004 R1100S for sale

Pm for pics

Regards
Old 06-23-2012, 08:45 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I'm selling my well-farkled and warrantied GS, want to get a K1300S. But GS's grow on trees. No reason to buy a GS long distance.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:47 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Follower of Jesus Christ

Garage
I am loking for an A as I want the abs. but as long as I have your attention :-) can you tell me what the 5 lights are left of the speedo. I do not know everything about these bikes as I cannot find one localy. Also is there a seat lowering option (aftermarket) I am 5'8" w a 32/33 inseam and I'd like it a bit lower. I also saw in a reveiw that the commentor said this is a big bike. I have the specs via a brochure but is it big as in unwieldly? I am in decent shape for an old guy 57. I plan on starting to work out again. Iam coming off a small F650cs. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:18 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmccauley View Post
I am loking for an A as I want the abs. but as long as I have your attention :-) can you tell me what the 5 lights are left of the speedo. I do not know everything about these bikes as I cannot find one localy. Also is there a seat lowering option (aftermarket) I am 5'8" w a 32/33 inseam and I'd like it a bit lower. I also saw in a reveiw that the commentor said this is a big bike. I have the specs via a brochure but is it big as in unwieldly? I am in decent shape for an old guy 57. I plan on starting to work out again. Iam coming off a small F650cs. Thanks.
Top is battery charge indicator, middle left: left turn indicator and high beam indicator, bottom: general indicator and abs.

Mine has ABS, Remus exhaust, peg lowering kit and handlebar risers. My inseam is 32 as well and no problem reaching the floor flat footed.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:48 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
I have been looking around for a BMW and have fallen in love with these R100sa machines. Never riddin one but I am moving up from an F650CS. I looked to move to the 800st but am concerned about some of the issues with that bikes earlier models. These R's seem to go fast so if you want to sell I am a willing buyer. Looking for any indepth reviews etc. either I have not hit the right search yet or something else but other then here and the BMWMOA site ... not a lot of info. Directions?

what years where the bikes produces?
any shortcomings - no bike is perfect, save to the eye of the owner!
What's a high mileage unit? 50 60k?
I'll spend good money for the right bike and pick it up or ship. I am in South Carolina.

Forums are a great source of info and I suspect it will be no different here thank you in advance...

JM
Still in the market? I've got a 99 mandarin with ABS in excellent condition. It has 42k on the clock. I'm in Greenville, SC.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:48 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Quote:
FYI, I'm 5'9" 160 lbs, 33" inseam, and I don't find this bike "big" in the least. It is relatively heavy at around 500lbs, but the weight is down low. When I first rode it, I hadn't been on a bike in 15 years, and was a little nervous. I have to say, it is a very easy bike to ride.

As far as the five lights, I honestly can't remember exactly which ones are to the left, but in total, I believe all are:

Left turn signal
Oil pressure
Battery
Neutral
Two ABS status lights
High beam
Right turn signal

Tim
Old 07-11-2012, 06:16 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Follower of Jesus Christ

Garage
I purchased a nice ride from Chula10 WooHoo!

Nice 2004 metallic silver / mandarin with 20k on the clock, bar backs, lowered pegs, bags, modulated brake light, head protectors, Piaa steering lights, grip puppies, recent service…

Chula turned out to be a great seller as we are both believers in Jesus Christ and while he did not “officially” have his bike for sale but simply felt compelled to answer Newbie lookin for a ride and the rest is history. Oh and did I say he trailered it 14 hours from Texas to Atlanta for me as we both have family there. There are a few more “coincidences” but we are calling it divine intervention…
jm
Old 07-12-2012, 08:12 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I purchased a nice ride from Chula10 WooHoo!

Nice 2004 metallic silver / mandarin with 20k on the clock, bar backs, lowered pegs, bags, modulated brake light, head protectors, Piaa steering lights, grip puppies, recent service…

Chula turned out to be a great seller as we are both believers in Jesus Christ and while he did not “officially” have his bike for sale but simply felt compelled to answer Newbie lookin for a ride and the rest is history. Oh and did I say he trailered it 14 hours from Texas to Atlanta for me as we both have family there. There are a few more “coincidences” but we are calling it divine intervention…
jm
Excellent! Congratulations, and good luck with it. Sounds like you found a good one.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
How tall is the bike for you? I'm 5'9" and with the Ohlins on mine I am tippy toe with both feet. I can sit off to one side, so one foot is flat footed, but no way I can touch with both feet. Doesn't bother me, but seems to bother EVERYONE else. (Not their bike, so whatever.) Just curious if it fits you.

Enjoy it. I had too many things happen during my purchase that I thought" it was meant to be", so hopefully yours works out the same way. I've put 4,000 miles on since March this year, so get out there and ride.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:12 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcampagna View Post
How tall is the bike for you? I'm 5'9" and with the Ohlins on mine I am tippy toe with both feet. I can sit off to one side, so one foot is flat footed, but no way I can touch with both feet. Doesn't bother me, but seems to bother EVERYONE else. (Not their bike, so whatever.) Just curious if it fits you.

Enjoy it. I had too many things happen during my purchase that I thought" it was meant to be", so hopefully yours works out the same way. I've put 4,000 miles on since March this year, so get out there and ride.
I don't have Ohlins, but with the stock seat, I can stand flat footed with both feet without any problems. I doubt that the Ohlins raise the ride height that much if any. I must have longer legs than you?
Old 07-12-2012, 05:33 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Follower of Jesus Christ

Garage
I am 5'8" and have a 32" inseam and can flat foot it... I have a standard seat. BC models sit higher not sure about BCR's.
I am looking forward to putting on the miles this is going to be a daily rider for me, so I'll get 125 miles a week.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:23 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTransplant View Post
I don't have Ohlins, but with the stock seat, I can stand flat footed with both feet without any problems. I doubt that the Ohlins raise the ride height that much if any. I must have longer legs than you?
I have the Corbin seat which is wider than stock, so it spreads my legs out even farther than the stock does and I barely had the toes on the ground with that. I must have short legs if people my height can flat foot.

Funny story is that a guy on a cruiser/harley (something or other) almost stopped traffic to tell me he couldn't believe how high I sat on the bike. Looking in his mirror, he thought i was standing up, then when I pulled up behind him he did a double take. His head was at least a foot and half below mine.

My eye level is even with SUVs sitting in traffic. I should measure the seat height and compare it, but the bike seems really high to everyone as well.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:44 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: