Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Classifieds > R1100S Bikes and Parts For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Full Ti Akra system for R12S

Torn does little to describe the feeling...

Purchased with Black R1200S a couple or three months ago in this forum and waited on new end cap to be delivered to seller who had dropped the muffler section and cracked the carbon fiber, but alas, after 6 weeks or so, no end cap in sight. I took delivery as is & mounted the system on the bike and blasted her down through Bolsa Chica at excessive speed (ever mindful not to get into the red). Pulls very strongly and seems to have more in the midrange, i.e, the top end does not explode as powerfully in contrast... and the sound. Ha! Cooled it off and replaced with the original. Have all parts, nothing missing. The system according to previous owner has less than 200 miles on it. Based on his presentation and description of the bike at purchase I have no reason to disbelieve him.

Am in school and although I have the summer off the honey do list keeps expanding. No time to get end cap repaired/fabbed before exhorbitant purchase from LB BMW of OEM bags/hardware. Repair seems like the best way to go. Call me: (714) 927-1561 $1750 or ebay next week.

Cheers,
alan(outaoz)

Old 07-13-2012, 03:15 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

GLWS.

I don't need an exhaust as I just installed an HPE header with my Akro muffler. The previous owner of my R12S bought the slip on from a wrecked bike and mine has a chip. I didn't know the end cap was available separately.

How does the bike sound with the DB killers? My bike did not come with any and I am curious how that may change the power delivery if at all.

Would you be interested in letting me test drive your DB killers before you sell teh setup and potentially sell them individually?
Old 07-13-2012, 04:46 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
The Akro full ti system for the 12S does not have the capability for DB killers.

Cheers
Old 07-14-2012, 02:03 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Sorry, have no DB killers, besides the sound is so sweet. The price was suggested by the former owner who indicates he had offers for the system (in the same condition as they are today) from forum members. I want the OEM luggage and some new leather pants so I'm open to offers. Frankly I'd rather see the system go to a participant here rather than flog it on ebay; speaking of which I have 100% feedback there as a seller/buyer for many years. See "5145alan" on ebay for feedback. I'm in Seal Beach, Southern Calif. Come by & checck it out. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Cheers,
Alanoutaoz
Old 07-14-2012, 06:55 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: