Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Classifieds > R1100S Bikes and Parts For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTB SJ BMW Power Filter for R1100S

Hi all, and a merry Christmas.
I'm searching a SanJose Power Filter for a R1100S 2004 BoxerCup.
Thanks a lot.
Best regards,
Fabrice
Old 12-24-2015, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have an extra but the filter is rough. Really needs a new element.
2014 Ducati Hyperstrada - fun touring bike
Old 01-03-2016, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Got it. How much do you want to pay, plus shipping. Perfect condition, barely installed.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
San Jose power filter

Dr. Curve,
I'll buy it if FNi doesn't want it.

Let me know how much you are looking for.

You can let me know here or PM me.

Thanks.
Rob.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Bump- Looking for one of these guys myself
Old 10-17-2016, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I keep hearing about these S.J.Power Filters,.. Where can they be procured? Are they no longer available? Is there a alternative facsimile?
Old 10-18-2016, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

S.J. BMW parts.Look at CC Products. 169.95 USD.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Trestles

SJ BMW Power Filter

Does anyone here have first hand experience with before and after of the power filter?

Even a good "seat of pants" assessment is good.

Thanks, Mark
Old 11-30-2016, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I've always considered my 1100s a jigsaw puzzle and never added more than one piece at a time to find out what worked but ideally you need both Lennies Induct and the SJ filter the first time I used that combo I actually banged the motor off the Rev limiter that's how much quicker it revved.

The problem you will then have is the major dip in the power curve at or around 4250 and I rectified that with a PC so the motor is just linear from tick over to the redline but I don't think the PC3 is in production anymore? So short of buying some kind of chip which you'll have no idea what is doing to the fuelling unless you put it on a dyno and even then not be able to do anything about it I'm not sure what the solution is.

What I can tell you a combo of the above and a pipe I searched for years for a higher ratio bevel because the motor runs so much better and is able to pull the extra gear so it's now doing 100mph at 5000 and will pull off the throttle with two people on and a pile of gear.
Tiger 955
R1100s

Last edited by Chris Canning; 12-01-2016 at 06:29 AM..
Old 12-01-2016, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trestles View Post
Does anyone here have first hand experience with before and after of the power filter?

Even a good "seat of pants" assessment is good.

Thanks, Mark
I bought the San Jose Power Filter from Dr. Curve. I didn't get to ride it for very long before my clutch splines let go, but for the short time I got to ride it, it felt to me like the motor spun up faster. It made it feel more lively.

I do have lennies sprockets in it, an AF-XIED, and a midpipe` with no cat and stock mufflers. It is a 2004 R1100s. I don't really redline the motor, but from idle to the 7,000 rpm or so I do spin it, it spools up quicker and easier. The AF-XIED and the other changes made it the most linear motor I have had in the 45 years I have been riding. I can't feel the flat spot. I like Chris want to put a Lennies Induct on it but haven't yet.

If you find one, I don't really think you would be sorry you put it on.

You can ask me anything you want and I'll try to give you an answer.

Rob.

Last edited by twitchy; 12-03-2016 at 11:44 AM..
Old 12-03-2016, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
SJ BMW will not sell or ship the Powerfilter to address in California. Can anyone suggest an alternative source of this filter?
Old 02-09-2018, 04:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

It would cost you extra shipping, but maybe you could have it shipped to a non- California site member that you trust and then they could mail it to you.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
I have a friend living in Arizona. Didn't want to tax him but it seems to be the only alternative. Thanks
Old 02-10-2018, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
I have a friend living in Arizona. Didn't want to tax him but it seems to be the only alternative. Thanks
"Do you know the way to San Jose" ?? Sorry, couldn't help it.

I have the Induct, SJ filter, and AF-Xied installed. Plus Wilbers and PR4's. And the stock pipes with the cat. ('99 R11S). I have not noticed any flat spots in the curve but it sure does rev faster., as per Chris Canning. In ANY gear, any load. Scared the pp outa me first time I hit the rev limiter up n the NC mountains chasing a bunch of hooligans on race bikes at Clans. Thought I'd dropped a valve. Now I just use it as my shift point.

Have the rocket sprockets, too, but they are still in the bag.

I have two dyno tests from before all this was added that show about 80 HP rear wheel. I want to go back to the Hendersonville Melt Down again this spring and do the dyno again to compare.

Not sure why they show "R1150". Don't have one.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: