Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Classifieds > R1100S Bikes and Parts For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
encantado

R1100S spares, Givi pannier mounts, Ohlins, Smuggler

this sunday my S went under a 4runner that was making a surprise illegal U. i got a couple of minor scuffs, mostly where my leather jacket's sleeve slid up my arm.

after putting about 15k on this one and the '04 (over a combined ten months!) it's time to put bmw's on pause and get back to my kawasaki project. if the insurance payout is enough i might go back to a 90-97 miata, but a k12rs is tempting...

assorted spares for r1100s, prices OBO plus shipping, will add pics tonight:

valve cover gaskets, full set, 8 for bolts, 2 for spark plug wells, 2 for perimeter of cover. just arrived from motorworks the day after the crash. $30

L sold signal pods, the hand guard ones, have both L and R, $30 (each)

frame neck, fairing bracket mounting tab needs to be welded, steering stops good. $50

Givi topcase rails and pannier mounts, topcase brackets missing. i was going to cut the rails [required to mount the pannier racks] and run topcase-less because i hate topcases. four endcaps will be included; the rails just need to be cut. or, get new brackets and the "plate" from givi and run a topcase. the big news with these is that "trekker dolomiti" aluminum panniers will fit. have the first S with metal cases! $50

sold Ohlins front shock, rebuilt about 15k ago, needs about $300 in parts (including two $50 nuts) plus disassembly to replace them. if you have pro pilot do it they'll probably tell you you need a rebuild as well. i ditched it for a works performance shock, which got towed away on the bike. $100

sold GS Addict rewired HES, never got around to putting it on. $100

Corbin Smuggler, reupholstered and recarved this summer at the corbin factory (have receipt). roomy and doesn't rest on the bodywork any more. back half needs to be repainted in your bike's color. it's currently ratty black. $400

order any of these and, if you want it, i'll throw in an air and/or fuel filter. i was doing the 42k service over a couple weekends and hadn't gotten around to the under-fairing parts.

ride safe

Last edited by darkonaut; 11-01-2017 at 08:18 AM..
Old 10-25-2017, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered Agitator

Garage
Damn, sorry to hear this. Glad you're ok.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Have you thought about buying the bike back from the insurance company? I bet you could get it for a song, and it sounds like you have lots of good parts on there you could part out. I'd be interested in shocks, for example.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
04 R1100S

Wow, rotten luck Darkonaut!

I would like the HES and the Ohlins front shock.

let me know if Pay Pal will work for you.

Thanks,
Slick......
Old 10-25-2017, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Glad your ok and hope your back on two wheel soon.

May be a none issue but what exhaust did you have on your bike? I've having a hard time coming up with anything other than stock for my newest R1100S project!

Also very interested in the seat, looking forward to pictures.

Again glad you made it out with just some bumps and bruises and good luck with the Kawi.

C.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
encantado

the bike got towed away with ohlins rear and works performance front shocks, a remus exhaust (2-2 version with no cat), a 5.5 rear wheel, and lucas (wudo) rearsets. i can't buy it back because i've used up my family's goodwill for parts bikes sitting in the driveway, but if someone else were interested in buying the carcass and the parts on it for the salvage price (it was about $800 for the '04 last year; i expect similar here) and having it dropped off directly from the tow yard at their house, i'd be more than open to that. this one actually still rolls, unlike the '04, which had a front wheel cracked into several pieces

pics are below for the more expensive things. pm me if you want pics of the givi rails, frame neck, pods, etc.

for the smuggler, the felt is falling out of the back because i pulled it out for the reupholster and to get that piece repainted. it just glues back in.

for the ohlins, please note the rub spot on the reservoir from a misadjusted horn. (you have to relocate the horn for the ohlins install, and if not tightened enough it can slip.) it was like that when badtothebown had them rebuilt a couple years ago and the guy at pro pilot said it was not a problem. also note the parts that need replacing: the top (threaded) part that the rebound adjuster passes through, the two nuts that go on it, and the adjuster knob itself. it can be used as-is, but you'll just damage the threads even more, plus the rebound can't be adjusted.

thanks to all for the interest and sentiments! saw a red K-RS while getting the police report today and it felt like a good sign.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkonaut View Post
the bike got towed away with ohlins rear and works performance front shocks, a remus exhaust (2-2 version with no cat), a 5.5 rear wheel, and lucas (wudo) rearsets. i can't buy it back because i've used up my family's goodwill for parts bikes sitting in the driveway, but if someone else were interested in buying the carcass and the parts on it for the salvage price (it was about $800 for the '04 last year; i expect similar here) and having it dropped off directly from the tow yard at their house, i'd be more than open to that. this one actually still rolls, unlike the '04, which had a front wheel cracked into several pieces
Any idea if we could get it to Colorado? I'd definitely take it for that sort of price.

Or, anyone in LA area want to pick it up and I can figure out shipping?
Old 10-26-2017, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
encantado

PM sent to spaaace
Old 10-26-2017, 11:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
PM sent.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
04 R1100S

Just Pay Pal'd you for the HES and the Ohlins shock...
Thanks,
Slick....
Old 10-28-2017, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
encantado

Shock, HES, and left blinker pod are sold.

I also have two large parts that are free and pickup only:

fairing bracket, good to have as a spare. not straight, but extremely straighten-able, if you're up for that sort of thing.

Roadsmart III 180/55ZR17, PR4 rears seem to be basically immortal, so I only used the front Roadsmart of the pair I bought about six months ago.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Interested in the seat. Are those star cracks in the finish of just the way it looks in the pic? Thanks
Old 10-29-2017, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
encantado

they're in the finish. when i got it it had a couple, now there are a couple more, all only on the lid. there's also a scrape i caused with a metal-framed backpack right in front of the lid. thus the "ratty" paint and need to repaint in your bike's color

Last edited by darkonaut; 10-30-2017 at 08:13 AM..
Old 10-29-2017, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
encantado

price change bump
smuggler $350 + shipping
frame neck $25 + shipping
fairing bracket is gone
Old 11-17-2017, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: