Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Classified Ads > R1100S Bikes and Parts For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: R1200S with ABS, Heated Grip, Ohlins, Akrapovic, etc.

2007 R1200S

The bike is in perfect condition. I had since 2013, bought it from the dealer (Cycle Werks) at Barrington, IL. I am the 2nd owner of the bike, bought it at 2300 miles. Right now the bike has around 12000 miles.

$7950

All original keys, tools, manual, etc. Clear title. I love this bike, just donít have the time to ride it anymore with family and new job. So please no stupid offers. Not interested in trade.
- heated grips
- 6" rear wheel
- Ohlins
- ABS
- BMW Akrapovic exhaust (I have the stock exhaust as well, Akrapovic sounds so much better)
- BMW R1200S specific tank bag (rare)
- Like new Michelins Pilot Road 3 tires
- New AGM battery
- Front Brembo sintered brake pad (bits much better bit than stock ones)
- Two clear windscreen (the original one was a bit scratched up by the previous owner)
- One Puig smoked windscreen
- Clear turning signals front and back
- MachineArtMoto cylinder head guard
- Quickaction throttle pulley (a must have mod to get rid of the slow stock throttle)
- EJI Controller (bike runs much better with EFI controller)
- Waterproofed USB ports under the front fairing
- Xeonx headlights (canbus integrated, no error code)
- Tank grips

Rather than some random tech working on the bike at the dealer, I performed all the maintenance myself aside from the final drive oil change (donít have those fancy bike stands that can lift the frame up).
- Meticulously maintained by me (this bike is a piece of cake to work comparing to my BMW car)
- Castrol TWS engine oil (same engine oil used in high revving E46 and E92 M3 engines)
- Redline Shockproof transmission oil (shifting is much smoother comparing to stock oil)
- Throttle balanced every year
- Valve adjustment performed ever 3000 miles
- Brake fluid changed every year
- Rear brake lever bushing cleaned and lubed
- Rear wheel flange recall performed

Old 01-19-2018, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
A real beauty!
Old 01-20-2018, 02:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzerbee View Post
A real beauty!
thanks!
Old 01-20-2018, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Beautiful bike, I would have bought it had I not bought my 5,000 mile example last year.

A couple questions in exchange for the free bump (if you don't mind):

- What headlight bulb did you use and how happy are you with the upgrade?
- What throttle pulley did you use, I am running stock, and I want a linear one if I can get one.

Your price is reasonable given the condition of the bike, exhaust, and other accessories.

Good luck with the sale.

Mullet
Bend, Oregon
Old 02-10-2018, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet View Post
Beautiful bike, I would have bought it had I not bought my 5,000 mile example last year.

A couple questions in exchange for the free bump (if you don't mind):

- What headlight bulb did you use and how happy are you with the upgrade?
- What throttle pulley did you use, I am running stock, and I want a linear one if I can get one.

Your price is reasonable given the condition of the bike, exhaust, and other accessories.

Good luck with the sale.

Mullet
Bend, Oregon
Hey thanks!

In regard to your question.

- No problem with the HID bulb over the years. I bought them from here: DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting

- Throttle I bought it from this guy on here: B-Twins, BMW Motorrad Special Parts | Adventure Rider
Not sure if he is still selling those though. But there is more info on this thread: RRRAPIDO Fast Throttle - BMW NineT Forum
Install is fairly simple if you are comfortable working on the bike. I highly recommend this; probably the best mod I have done to the bike.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Is this bike still available? If so, please send me a message. Trying to contact you.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

not for sale anymore. end up keeping the old girl and got it shipped to my new home!
Old 06-25-2018, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: