Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Classified Ads > R1100S Bikes and Parts For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2007 R1200S For sale - Bay Area, CA

Selling my 2007 Silver R1200S with 89,400 miles. I’m the original owner and I’ve used the bike exclusively as a touring bike. Never dropped or down. Purchased at and serviced by SJBMW. The bike is in excellent mechanical condition and in excellent shape aesthetically. All maintenance has been performed on schedule and recalls completed by SJBMW. Runs like a top. The bike has always been garaged and kept on stands. It has the Sport Package (optional 6” rear wheel, ohlins suspension), ABS, heated grips, etc.. Other than a direct-wired, fused BMW plug seen in photos for battery tender and Gerbings, it is completely stock. Currently on Dunlop Q3+ tires. Asking $4000. I'm located in Livermore, CA.

If you're within riding distance, I'll race you up Mines Rd to The Junction and knock off $100 if you win.

'07 R1200S

Last edited by k^2; 04-27-2018 at 02:36 PM..
Old 04-27-2018, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I think that's a good deal even with the mileage, as you have maintained it well and it's trouble free. I have considered buying it but with five Beemers I am at my limit for bike ownership. I did mention it to a fellow inmate over on Adventure Rider this morning as he's looking for a lower priced back up track R1200S, so perhaps he'll contact you. GLWS.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks. I know what you mean about reaching bike saturation. I'm there myself. I just sold a 2005 Tuono that I used as a commuter for the last 12 years. Just retired, so I no longer need it.

I'm only selling this one because I came upon a very low mileage version several months ago and bought it. I started thinking about an eventual replacement for this one as my touring bike, but couldn't think of anything that I'd rather have for this role. I think it's perfect for that. Comfortable all day and plenty quick enough in the twisties to have fun. Cheers. - K^2
'07 R1200S
Old 05-06-2018, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I've the same model, same factory paint Alum White Met. Mine at 89K had accumulated the following replacements:

-Clutch
-Clutch slave cylinder
-Coils
-Exhaust Oil Sensors
-Starter

I had also decarboned heads and pistons and renewed rings, as well as factory repair-kitted the ignition wiring to the upper coils.

I'd burnt through three headlight main beam sockets. I think I was on my third set of front brake rotors.

Interesting your wheels are black. Factory option or powder coated?

I'm guessing you weigh less than 175 pounds. Us heavier guys experience tears on the seat along the upper side indentations after less than 20K of riding.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R 1200 S View Post
I've the same model, same factory paint Alum White Met. Mine at 89K had accumulated the following replacements:

-Clutch
-Clutch slave cylinder
-Coils
-Exhaust Oil Sensors
-Starter

I had also decarboned heads and pistons and renewed rings, as well as factory repair-kitted the ignition wiring to the upper coils.

I'd burnt through three headlight main beam sockets. I think I was on my third set of front brake rotors.

Interesting your wheels are black. Factory option or powder coated?

I'm guessing you weigh less than 175 pounds. Us heavier guys experience tears on the seat along the upper side indentations after less than 20K of riding.
Wow. You must have got a Monday bike. Mine has been relatively trouble free. Did need a drive shaft (bearing started to fail) maybe 10k ago. Otherwise, pretty much bulletproof. - K^2
Old 05-07-2018, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
'07 R1200S

Garage
My in-laws live in Turlock. I would love to ride that road, probably not want to race a "local", you'd probably fall asleep waiting for me before I got to the top.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

BUMP for price drop

Now $3750.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k^2 View Post
Selling my 2007 Silver R1200S with 89,400 miles. Iím the original owner and Iíve used the bike exclusively as a touring bike. Never dropped or down. Purchased at and serviced by SJBMW. The bike is in excellent mechanical condition and in excellent shape aesthetically. All maintenance has been performed on schedule and recalls completed by SJBMW. Runs like a top. The bike has always been garaged and kept on stands. It has the Sport Package (optional 6Ē rear wheel, ohlins suspension), ABS, heated grips, etc.. Other than a direct-wired, fused BMW plug seen in photos for battery tender and Gerbings, it is completely stock. Currently on Dunlop Q3+ tires. Asking $4000. I'm located in Livermore, CA.

If you're within riding distance, I'll race you up Mines Rd to The Junction and knock off $100 if you win.

'07 R1200S
Old 08-31-2018, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Sold.
'07 R1200S
Old 10-04-2018, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: