Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Classifieds > R1100S Bikes and Parts For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2003 r1100s bcr

For sale 2003 R1100S BCR number 150 / 200. It has 12000 miles but I will keep riding it till it sells so that will change. All service has been done on time however it was parked thanks to a few deployments. Ohlins Suspension front and rear, a center stand has been added, and Remus Exhaust from the stock BMW head pipe. Asking $5000. Also looking for a Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport 1997 injected would be ideal but would consider carb model.

Buyer responsible for shipping but I will assist all I can. Bike is near Clovis Nm.
Thanks Rich

Last edited by Lewis.rich; 06-02-2018 at 10:08 AM..
Old 05-14-2018, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
sungamma

Full Remus exhaust or just the mufflers? DO you have the original exhaust?
Old 05-15-2018, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

It is the full Remus system. I do not think I have the stock exhaust any more.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

GLWS, very nice looking bike.
Thanks for your service!
Old 05-16-2018, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

DADS944. Thank you

Last edited by Lewis.rich; 05-17-2018 at 04:50 PM..
Old 05-17-2018, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

$5000 now
Old 05-26-2018, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
At this price it's a steal. I'd be very tempted to buy it if I didn't have 2 already in the garage
Old 05-27-2018, 01:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

PM'd

J.S.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

great price! this really is a steal! Full Remus exhaust, Ohlins suspension, only 12k miles, still has original carbon head covers and belly pan, and center stand already installed, and comes with luggage. This is the complete package. If i did not already have one I'd be buying this one for sure.
Gone but not forgotten: 77 R100s, 09 S63 AMG, 74 911, 88 R100RS, 78 930, 01 996 C4, 05 Cayenne, 09 Audi TT, 03 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans, 07 WRX STI, 03 R1150GSA, 78 R100/7, 01 Audi S4, 98 Audi A4, 98 R1200c, 78 GL1000, 92 Accord coupe, 89 KE100
Old 05-27-2018, 02:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Thank you both.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Should be a treat riding it back home. Weather forecast appears to be prime. Looking forward to it.

J.S.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
sungamma

Congrats to both buyer and seller. Great bike at a fair price. I'm the owner of an '05...…
Old 05-28-2018, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I ended up passing on this. "Like New"- as is the case with many 'descriptors' is subjective. That, which is like new to one can be anything but to another. Those of you who know me and have seen my machines know how anal I am - perhaps, admittedly, to a fault. A clean, low mileage, well kept machine with showroom potential after addressing a number of blemishes would be accurate - in my opinion - referring to this unit. Good to see Mr. Lewis amended the listing by its removal in the description.

The two thousand and ninety mile round trip made for a wonderful road trip as well as a renewed bonding with my younger brother who accompanied me, however. We stopped by William Bonney's (Billy-The-Kid) final resting place and enjoyed one of the best cheeseburgers we've ever had at Laguna Burger off of the I-40 in Albuquerque. An interesting historical side bar to the trip accompanied by an epicurean, if indeed cardiologist's nightmare yumbomb.

J.S.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Jozef, the curiosity is getting the best of me. Granted this is a 2003 with a singe plug but you already knew that going in. Given the mileage, added options and the visible condition this has to be one of the least expensive, if not the THE least expensive BCR on the market. Between Ohlins, Remus, cases and the tire hugger this bike has $2k in options (good luck in finding a decent Remus exhaust). Plus it sounds like the blemishes on the bike are reversible. So whats the story here?
Old 06-01-2018, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Yeah, that's a good price, Lewis.rich, especially given the extras. Hope you sell it soon and stop tempting me.

Sometimes expectations don't pan out, and hyperbole can go both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
...So whats the story here?
2004 R1150S
Old 06-01-2018, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
I am currious because I am trying to gauge the prices of the R11S market in general and BCR prices in particular. Just about a year ago, this bike would have been gone based solely on the fact that its a Boxer Cup with all the right mods (at least those that are known). The mileage is quite low as well. Typically this price level was reserved for bikes with 50k+ miles. So, I am truly currious what gives? Is the market still sinking?

From observations, I notice that R11S is all over the place but the nice and desirable examples still fetch $5k or more in a regular R11S guise. BCRs have always commanded a premium.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

SearchTempest turned up 3 other BCRs on CL, all > miles and > $. Granted, those are just asking prices.

In general I'd say the market is sinking compared to when I bought mine (non BCR) ~6 years ago. Too many other, newer bikes to choose from.
2004 R1150S

Last edited by terrym; 06-01-2018 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: clarity
Old 06-01-2018, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
Jozef, the curiosity is getting the best of me. Granted this is a 2003 with a singe plug but you already knew that going in. Given the mileage, added options and the visible condition this has to be one of the least expensive, if not the THE least expensive BCR on the market. Between Ohlins, Remus, cases and the tire hugger this bike has $2k in options (good luck in finding a decent Remus exhaust). Plus it sounds like the blemishes on the bike are reversible. So whats the story here?
It's an early production BCR - which is why I was interested in it. Price was not a factor at all. Like some who not only ride or drive their machines - I also collect them. To reiterate. What you, me, or anyone else might offer up as 'Like New' can be difficult to quantify.

I spoke to Mr. Lewis and specifically asked "Is there anything which would disappoint me upon seeing the machine which is not visible in the photos". I was particularly curious as one of the photos depicting the rear pillion cover not only shows mysteriously missing white squares which is part of the graphic scheme but also what appears to be errant dust or dirt and that is what should have triggered my admittedly OCD not-for-me button. The side cases are also rough but those were a used optional purchase by Mr. Lewis which were ultimately inconsequential to my decision.

It just isn't a passionately cared for machine which Mr. Lewis will himself attest to as expressed to me. He's a Guzzi man and never really jelled with the BCR and - in person- the lack of enthusiastic ownership shows. Wheels, painted surfaces, fasteners, show an aged patina, lacking luster and what I personally summate as an don't-really-care-about-that-stuff as long as it runs well demeanor. Sure, it - like anything - can be brought up to "Like New" or even overzealously better than new standards with enough resources on every front - that isn't what I was looking for. I was hoping for a well cared for in every aspect original.

I do not believe for a moment Mr.Lewis intentionally misrepresented his motorcycle and appreciate not interpreting my decision to pass on the purchase as such. I don't believe anyone would drive a thousand miles without first being relatively certain of what they'll find upon arrival. - We ALL have our own standards and criteria and sometimes very different opinions on condition. In reading 'Like New' in Mr. Lewis`original, unrevised, posting I felt a follow up call was exercising due diligence before a trek out to see the machine and to hopefully seal the deal with a fabulous thousand mile ride back home. This, unfortunately was not to be.

Is it a good deal for someone? As long as it meets their own criteria absolutely. However, "like new" or even anywhere near new - no.
In revising this listing and removing that nomenclature Mr. Lewis did the right thing as I know some of you are just as crazed and OCD afflicted as I am. I know I am not alone.

Here's a listing of one of my bikes, an R12S - which was sold to a fellow pelican some years ago. It should suffice in showing what I personally consider as being a 'none finer' pre-owned, used example, yet even this machine was not what I would ever refer to as "like new". On my personal 1-10 scale this one rated an 8+ to 9.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/r1100s-bikes-parts-sale/670949-sale-r12s-none-finer.html

Also, in the event others may inquire. I did not ride the bike, though I did inform Mr. Lewis that I'd like to start the machine whilst cold on its sidestand to assess the well known 259 platform chain tensioner rattle if at all present. It was fine.

and THAT - is the story

J.S.

Last edited by Jozef Schumann; 06-01-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Old 06-01-2018, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Jozef, thanks for sharing that.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Bike is gone; not sure of proper protocol on this site, remove listing or leave it?
Old 06-02-2018, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
bcr , boxer cup replica , sale