Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Classified Ads > R1100S Bikes and Parts For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozef Schumann View Post
...I'm pretty sure yours is an OE part raided off of another machine...the center stand could be a lean angle impediment...
+1 Center stand you have can easily be modified to get the rear wheel just off the ground as intended, all you need is some 3/4-1" square tubing with length cut to to width of the narrowest pad, then cut it in half and weld one on one foot and the other on the other foot of the center stand...if you use stock height shocks, the center stand will drag if you you're over hard enough to almost drag your valve covers but your toes will be touching down by then also, I run a 6mm longer shock with a stock paralever link (not the short one you have) and my center stand did not drag, my valve covers and toes were, nice bike, best of luck...

I didn't know about the 2002 up having the new forks and calipers, I was surprised to hear about the higher output alternator on Preps, thanx for catching me up...
2014 Ducati Hyperstrada - fun touring bike
Old 06-02-2018, 09:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Birkenfelder

Garage
Small world, Brian! Believe it or not...my '02 Prep was built on the SAME DAY (04-25-2002) as your new steed. The last four digits of your VIN are 2567...and (drum roll), the last four on my bike are 2571. I don't know how many 1100S's were born on that sunny day, but assume ours were "delivered" just minutes apart. I think that makes them "brothers from the same mother...and daddy"! Here's a pic of mine with his younger R12 sibling.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
B❤️Motorrad

Wow that is awesome - I love hearing stories like this.
So glad I bought this bike.
Ordering a Sargent seat and a Throttle Meister CC TODAY.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
phlam _R1100s _A6 C6

If you don't wanna go through the hassle of welding the center stand for more height, try placing the existing stand on a 1x6x18 block of wood (similar dimensions will also work). My airhead has a 'ride off center stand'. It also does not lift either wheel off of the ground. If I want to remove a wheel, I slip a block of wood under the stand.

My R1100S didn't come with a center stand, thus I've been stalking every BMW site, craigslist post and eBay trying to find one. Be good to yours, as I've discovered, used stands are rare.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlam View Post
If you don't wanna go through the hassle of welding the center stand for more height, try placing the existing stand on a...block of wood...
I have the BCR stand made for the track that uses the center stand bushing/pivot holes to put it up. My back tire doesn't clear because of my longer rear shock, I do the same thing with a board that's 3/4-1" thick...
2014 Ducati Hyperstrada - fun touring bike
Old 06-08-2018, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Hang Ten !!!

Very nice '02

Just FYI, in 2002, when it first hit showroom floors, the bare bones R1100S used in the "Boxer Cup Series" was first called the Boxer Cup Edition. It was not till 2003 the "prep" name became popular.

Old 06-09-2018, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Nice bike,

Interesting, I was always curious about the "Boxer" writing on the tag that was on the crate.

Anyone know how many BCP made?

I have Ser # 2474 Prod date 2/20/02

Old 06-10-2018, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: