Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 3- European Cars > Volvo Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2013 Volvo c30 electrical trouble

I have a 2013 c30 T5 that is acting up. The first indication was while driving, the controls on the center console stopped working (fan control, radio, temperature selector, etc.). I parked the car and could not roll up the windows or lock the doors. I then shut off the engine and when I re-started it the dash indicators were blank (odometer, message screen) and the gas gauge, temp. gauge, etc. were all reading zero (not accurate). After letting the car sit for ~2 hours I was able to restart it, but then the windshield wipers were on full speed even though the switch was in the "off" position. I could not lock or unlock the doors electronically. The car engine ran and I was able to drive it home, but after sitting in the driveway overnight I attempted to start it again this morning - I could not unlock the doors using the key fob, and when I unlocked and opened the drivers side door using the key the alarm went off and since none of the electronics on the inside of the door were working I couldn't silence it. I bet my neighbors were pissed. Any idea what could be going on? The engine starts and runs, but I'm not driving it because I'm not sure what might happen. Any advice/diagnostic help is appreciated!
Old 04-10-2017, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum! It sounds like an electrical issue, but not quite sure where to start. I could try to pull the codes from the DTC, that should give you a good indication of where to start looking. I've also attached a link to our site's DIY tech articles on the C30 platform. Best of luck!

Volvo C30 (2007-2013) Technical Articles | Pelican Parts
Old 05-04-2017, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
2013 , alarm , c30 , electrical , volvo