Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > VW/Audi Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

99 Passat Clutch Issue after New Install

Hi Everyone,

I recently installed a new clutch on my 99 Passat 1.8T using the directions here, which were amazing BTW!! Yet, I am having an issue that I am hoping you all might be able to help me with.

After the install and bleeding process, when I started the car, there was a loud ticking sound coming from the engine/transmission area, which was not there before. It seems like there is something hung up on the flywheel (that shield maybe that is between the engine and trans??) and is causing the car to want to die because of the pressure being placed on the flywheel.

Anyway, it looks like I need to pull everything apart and try to figure out what happen during the installation process. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,
Angel

Old 05-14-2020, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Hey Angel - welcome to the forum and glad to hear that you found the tech article to be useful. I would pose that question underneath the tech article in the Comment section and one of our techs will be able to respond to it and give you some feedback. In the mean time, it's a good idea to reinstall everything to see if there was a piece that wasn't secure - hope it gets addressed quickly.

Let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2020, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
clutch , passat , transmission