Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 3- European Cars > VW/Audi Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Injen Cold Air Intake on my B8.5 A4

Just put a new Injen cold air intake on my 2013 Audi A4. Allegedly it will boost HP, torque and throttle response. The install instructions were average. You do NOT need to remove the front facia valence to install the filter, just get access through by removing the main sound shield under the engine.

I definitely like the improved sound, you can hear the whoosh of the turbo. I have no proof but I believe I am getting more power at the top end, above 3000 rpm. I do not believe I have any improved throttle response which is my biggest complaint on the car.

will follow up with long term experience.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Any other upgrades done on the car? A ECU re-flash and exhaust will improve the throttle response. Let me know if you have any questions, glad to help out!
Old 05-02-2017, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Nothing else yet. I have looked into the ECU upgrade but it seems overwhelming without a dyne. What is your experience and what would you recommend?

A new exhaust is on my list and I have looked at Borla. Not sure how far I have to go to get good return on the money. Can you just change out the muffler or do you have to go all the way back to the headers?

I would love to get better throttle response. The cold air intake does help above 3000 rpm but hasn't made a huge difference.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Just got a APR Stage 1 ECU Flash and the results are fantastic. Noticeably Better throttle response, more hp and torque. This is car is now what I expected when I bought it. powerful and fast.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Awesome! I've heard good things about the APR products. You can defintely just change out the muffler, but I would suggest getting an exhaust system from the cat (cat-back exhaust). aFe makes a good one, as does Remus. Between the intake, reflash, and an exhaust; you should definitely be happy. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Old 05-16-2017, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: