Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 3- European Cars > VW/Audi Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Administrator

What's your favorite Audi/VW modification?

Maybe it's new or maybe it's old. Maybe it's something as simple as a headliner pattern change or a shift knob upgrade - or maybe it's something as air ride, track/performance upgrades, etc. Share your favorite current or future upgrade that you've done or looking to do to your Audi/VW below.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Best Upgrade

Autotech's lightweight tubular anti sway-bars front and rear.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
1.8l to 2.0l stroker kit with which I want to do for our VW B5, ^_^
Old 09-16-2017, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
So far.

Hello,At present a K&N air filter and a modified exhaust. P.S. it's my wife's A3 1.8T.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golten951 View Post
1.8l to 2.0l stroker kit with which I want to do for our VW B5, ^_^
To each his own, but if your 1.8 is a t(urbo) I would suggest a Malone tune. By far the biggest bang for your buck. And easy.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlan View Post
Hello,At present a K&N air filter and a modified exhaust. P.S. it's my wife's A3 1.8T.
To each his own, but I would never put a K&N filter in a modern vehicle with MFI. I'm surprised other more experienced car guys haven't mentioned that. It's really quite difficult to beat a good quality paper filter for proper air filtration.
Now if you would like to increase induction noise to go along with your new exhaust I might suggest drilling a couple of 1" to 11/4" holes in the air box.

I did that to my 2.8L A6 several years ago and have had no regrets. It doesn't do anything for performance but sure gives the car a nice growl when you get on to it.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Hello,none of our cars have MFI at present. Cutting holes in the airbox makes the performance go backwards and at 71 we don't need any loud/as opposed to a nice note motor vehicles . (5 have K&N filters . saves a heap on replacing filters. What is a malone tune? Michael.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlan View Post
Hello,none of our cars have MFI at present. Cutting holes in the airbox makes the performance go backwards and at 71 we don't need any loud/as opposed to a nice note motor vehicles . (5 have K&N filters . saves a heap on replacing filters. What is a malone tune? Michael.
Hi. I just realized there was an error in my original post. I meant to make reference to MAF and not MFI. Not sure how that happened. Glad to hear you are having success with your K&N filters. I removed the K&N from my 2.8 because of the possibility air filter oil contaminating the MAF sensor. In order for the K&N to effectively do it's job it must be well oiled, thus the risk of MAF contamination.
I also decided that replacing new $20 paper filter every year was a lot more appealing than the trouble of cleaning and re-oiling K&N filters.

Malone is a company that provides tunes for turbocharged cars. Their focus appears to be with Diesel TDi cars but they also provide nice effective tunes for the VW 1.8T. Truly the best bang for your buck.
Everybody is entitled to an opinion and the above is mine.

As far as holes in the air box, we haven't noticed a drop in performance. My lady friend drives the A6 daily back and forth to her work. Occasionally we use it on the highway and we never track it. I guess we pretty well use it as most people do.
But, she does enjoy the slight elevated intake honk when she comes on to it, otherwise the exhaust note is pretty standard.

Last edited by hughc; 10-29-2017 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: more comments to be added
Old 10-29-2017, 03:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: