View Single Post

Hi, David - per my email (with pics), I received probably the first publically available R11S screen from Zero Gravity, obtained after much pleading and groveling. It sounds like they sent me the touring model, since the one I have is definitely about 3" taller than stock. Perhaps they sent me the touring screen and put it in the XL bag, since they were still scrambling with the product launch? Or perhaps the ZG screen is the same "height" when laid down, but installed on the bike, with its increased rake is actually several inches taller than the installed OEM unit? Haven't measured (I'd have to dig up the OEM screen somewhere in the basement) them both - just know the ZG screen I have is about 3" taller, installed, then the OEM unit. I'll try to find my OEM screen and measure them both, then post the results.

Actually, I'd rather if I had a tinted one in stock height, because I think that Frank is right. There probably is less wind turbulence off the shorter screen than this taller one. I'm 6' tall, and the bike has tall BMW bars and a raised Corbin seat.

FWIW.

- Scott
Old 04-24-2000, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)