View Single Post
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Let me take you shopping.
From a thread a while ago:

"Looking at the watch brings back good and bad memories. I bought it as sort of retail therapy because I'd been dumped by a woman I was head over heals about because I wasn't of the right faith. It turned out to be worth it. My friend and I were in New York and had closed a business deal that was going to do very well by us and we were feeling pretty good about things. We took our morning run in Central Park and went looking or breakfast. Passed Cartier and I was hooked on this watch in the window, but they wouldn't be open until 10:00 AM - another half an hour. The more I thought about it the more I wanted that watch, so we were at the door when they opened at 10:00. I talked to this very prim and proper salesman "Charles" while my friend chatted up the guard - big, big guy. My friend asked if they didn't normally serve champagne to good customers, and Charles sent the guard to get a bottle. We finished it off in about 15 minutes, with my friend laughing and telling me (loudly - right in the middle of Cartier Manhattan), "Buy it! You deserve it. It's prettier than that b&%$# anyway and probably gives better blow jobs." My friend finished the bottle of champagne and slid the empty across the glass counter and said, "Hey Chuck! Ya got any more of this stuff?" That kind of set the theme for the rest of the day. I bought the watch and we finished the second bottle of Champagne before 11:00. Then we went a couple of doors down to Hugo Boss and had them model dresses for us for about an hour and serve us more champagne. The day got a little crazy after that. We got thrown out of Chef Babbo's and as I recall unsuccessfully hit on some 20 year old Swedish girls at that bar at the top of the Marriot Times Square before we called it a day. The watch and I have been through some good times. Kinda hate to sell it now that I think about it."
Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)