Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
G'day!

Garage
As long as Fields can play....OSU is still in the game. His arm is amazing!

Old 01-11-2021, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #661 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
As long as Fields can play....OSU is still in the game. His arm is amazing!
Well then...be sure to post when Ohio State wins. Odds are I'll be watching a more even matchup on a pool table..
Old 01-11-2021, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #662 (permalink)
Registered

Yeah, Bama cannot be stopped.
14 535i M Sport
Old 01-11-2021, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #663 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
I hear the fat lady warming up......
Old 01-11-2021, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #664 (permalink)
Registered

Middle of the pack SEC West Ole Miss played Alabama a better game than this, er, THE Ohio State team.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #665 (permalink)
Registered

Here's a eurotour pool match between 2 young guns that went hill-hill. Meaning, down to the final rack of balls, either could win. Go to 3:30 to see the skill level of these youngsters...hell of a safety shot by 20 year old Fedor Ghorst of Russia, an even more amazing answer by 22 year old Joshua Filler of Germany...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EcjElK9JJM&list=PLft5D2nh21IHakQafkciFgqmuZ_1aL6yx
Old 01-11-2021, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #666 (permalink)

G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCadaddle View Post
Middle of the pack SEC West Ole Miss played Alabama a better game than this, er, THE Ohio State team.
And there are plenty of Gators out there saying the same thing.

For me - until you can do what Bama has done this year - undefeated....Heisman winner.....national championship......the only words that should come out of your mouth is "Congrats on a great season!"

That's it.

Unfortunately, anything else sounds like sour grapes.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #667 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Congrats to both Ohio State and Alabama for getting to tonight's game. Lot of injuries and cv19 impacted the outcome - but the best team prevailed. No doubt about that.

Huge respect for Justin Fields - played injured - the entire game. Warrior!
Old 01-11-2021, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #668 (permalink)
Danned

Garage
Alabama crushed the team that crushed Clemson

- remember Clem's son? they wore these bright uniforms
Old 01-11-2021, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #669 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwebb View Post
alabama crushed the team that crushed clemson

- remember clem's son? They wore these bright uniforms
lol.......
Old 01-11-2021, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #670 (permalink)
Registered

Congratulations to Alabama they earned the win . I am pretty sure they could beat a few NFL teams !
Old 01-12-2021, 03:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #671 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
What a pathetic defensive effort put up by the Buckeyes. Piss poor tackling, no rotating to cover their motion on offense. I turned the game off in the third when Wade was practically jogging in pursuit of motion receiver who was sprinting to the left. I literally yelled, how many times are you going to let them run this motion play before someone decides to cover the motion receiver. Just a terrible all around effort by the Buckeyes on defense. Out coached, outplayed, and out hustled. They played like a team that was just happy to be there.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #672 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
Congratulations to Alabama they earned the win . I am pretty sure they could beat a few NFL teams !
^^^ +1 and if that team was the Lions...it wouldn't be pretty.

Time now for the real sport....College Basketball!

speaking of a college vs nfl team....Anyone remember the bowl game that used to be played between a hand-picked college team and an NFL team?
I can't remember what the bowl was called?

Last edited by stevej37; 01-12-2021 at 04:15 AM..
Old 01-12-2021, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #673 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabmando View Post
What a pathetic defensive effort put up by the Buckeyes. Piss poor tackling, no rotating to cover their motion on offense. I turned the game off in the third when Wade was practically jogging in pursuit of motion receiver who was sprinting to the left. I literally yelled, how many times are you going to let them run this motion play before someone decides to cover the motion receiver. Just a terrible all around effort by the Buckeyes on defense. Out coached, outplayed, and out hustled. They played like a team that was just happy to be there.
Well, at least you got the Clemson monkey off your back. But in all honesty, I think Day's 11 1/2 month obsession with beating Clemson hurt the team last night. They played their best game against them - especially Fields. But last night, OSU seemed like they were running on fumes. Hopefully OSU's portal game is still strong. It will undoubtedly be better than Clemson's. We'll still be stuck watching the coaches kids play in big games.
1977 Mexico Blue flared, 3.2, back date, sunroof-delete Coupe - under refinement.
1972 Black T coupe to Longhood Turbo R5 tribute car (someday)
Old 01-12-2021, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #674 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
I was thinking about "what's next" this morning. Fields is gone. Olave is definitely gone. Sermon will be gone. Wade will be gone. Going to be interesting to see who fills those big holes.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #675 (permalink)
We Were Always Free

I didn't have a dog in the finals fight but OSU beating Clemons [sic] was fantastic...I have A LOT of friends and family that went to Clemons and I reveled in their misery.

I know, I know, childish and jejune, Karma is a B, but there it is.

“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." – Winston Churchill
Old 01-12-2021, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #676 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Well, we saw a 7 win team play for the National Championship (BS) and they got killed. If OSU was in the SEC, they would be a 7 loss team and in no bowl game whatsoever.

Expected.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #677 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdavis11 View Post
Well, we saw a 7 win team play for the National Championship (BS) and they got killed. If OSU was in the SEC, they would be a 7 loss team and in no bowl game whatsoever.
I did not see the game but my dentist is a rabid OSU fan. This morning, said Saban went easy on them.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #678 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
And there are plenty of Gators out there saying the same thing.

For me - until you can do what Bama has done this year - undefeated....Heisman winner.....national championship......the only words that should come out of your mouth is "Congrats on a great season!"

That's it.

Unfortunately, anything else sounds like sour grapes.
I'll openly admit to sour grapes. As just somebody who didn't really care who won, but wanted to see a good game, I got a sour taste in my mouth. That's why I left before the half ended...the eventual outcome was too predictable,

It also reminded me of the sickening scenes of Ducks games during their "glory" days...rabid fans enjoying those sixty something to single digit victories over weak opponents. "Enjoying" was putting it politely...some pretty terrible behavior was reported.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #679 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabmando View Post
I was thinking about "what's next" this morning. Fields is gone. Olave is definitely gone. Sermon will be gone. Wade will be gone. Going to be interesting to see who fills those big holes.
OSU has a winning reputation, so they attract 5 star recruits...some that have already committed to other schools. Somehow, every year they came back with awesome teams.

This is the problem with the Xichigan Wolverines, no one wants to go there with the recent history they have.

Old 01-12-2021, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #680 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: