Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdavis11 View Post
Well, we saw a 7 win team play for the National Championship (BS) and they got killed. If OSU was in the SEC, they would be a 7 loss team and in no bowl game whatsoever.

Expected.
My team lost, and i'm not as angry as you, what gives ?....are you a Texas A/M fan ?

Old 01-12-2021, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #681 (permalink)
Registered

Roll Tide!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2021, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #682 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Well, we saw a 7 win team play for the National Championship (BS) and they got killed. If OSU was in the SEC, they would be a 7 loss team and in no bowl game whatsoever.

Expected.
My Buckeyes did the same thing your team did this year.... lost to Alabama.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #683 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
7 loss team?
Florida... got their asses handed to them by Oklahoma
Georgia... struggled to beat Cincy! LOL
South Carolina... 2-8 playing in a bowl game?

Yeah, I think the Buckeyes would be okay in the SEC.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #684 (permalink)
Danned

Garage
I didn't have a dog in the finals fight but seeing Not Our Dame crushed was fantastic...

I know, I know, childish and jejune, Karma is a B, but there it is.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #685 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabmando View Post
7 loss team?
Florida... got their asses handed to them by Oklahoma
Georgia... struggled to beat Cincy! LOL
South Carolina... 2-8 playing in a bowl game?

Yeah, I think the Buckeyes would be okay in the SEC.
Ummm, the Buckeyes I saw last night might be middle of the pack SEC EAST. But to win the SEC overall, you've got to go through the SEC West. And therein lies Alabama. Took Baz's Gators Coach Dan Mullen a few years to figure that out at SEC West Mississippi State (what was he thinking?!). At least now at Florida he's got a shot at reaching the SEC title game......but more than likely not the SEC title.

Last edited by SCadaddle; 01-12-2021 at 10:29 PM..
Old 01-12-2021, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #686 (permalink)

Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCadaddle View Post
Ummm, the Buckeyes I saw last night might be middle of the pack SEC EAST. But to win the SEC overall, you've got to go through the SEC West. And therein lies Alabama. Took Baz's Gators Coach Dan Mullen a few years to figure that out at SEC West Mississippi State (what was he thinking?!). At least now at Florida he's got a shot at reaching the SEC title game......but more than likely not the SEC title.
So let's judge them on one loss. The Buckeyes I saw in the N.C game might have been middle of the pack in a normal Big10 season. Teams have off games. It happens. But to say they'd be a 7 loss team in the SEC just isn't reality. It's something dreamt up in the mind of the rabid SEC fan and little more. Look at the talent level the Buckeyes possess. It's simply not realistic to claim they'd be a 7 loss team in some division that's perceived to be a tough division. There's Alabama and then there's the rest.

The thing that's most impressive about Bama is how they do it year after year, bringing in talent and never seeming to miss a step. Look at the list of QB's over the last several years and what each has accomplished. And then the list of receivers and backs. It's really impressive how they just keep replacing great players with great players. I mentioned in an earlier post the players the Buckeyes will lose and that it'll be interesting to see who they are replaced by. Bama fans don't seem to have that same concern. They know they're gonna get top level players every single year and that's impressive.

Last edited by cabmando; 01-13-2021 at 03:47 AM..
Old 01-13-2021, 03:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #687 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
To make this more fun, everyone whose team isn't Clemson, Alabama, or Ohio State, raise your hands if you've won a CFP National Championship.
LSU fans... get em up..
The rest of you shut yer yappers about how good your team is.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #688 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
The thing that's most impressive about Bama is how they do it year after year, bringing in talent and never seeming to miss a step. Look at the list of QB's over the last several years and what each has accomplished. And then the list of receivers and backs. It's really impressive how they just keep replacing great players with great players. I mentioned in an earlier post the players the Buckeyes will lose and that it'll be interesting to see who they are replaced by. Bama fans don't seem to have that same concern. They know they're gonna get top level players every single year and that's impressive.
Well, there was that one year that LSU got a transfer Quarterback from...........Ohio!
Old 01-13-2021, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #689 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCadaddle View Post
Well, there was that one year that LSU got a transfer Quarterback from...........Ohio!
How crazy is that? He sat behind JT and Haskins. Hard to believe either one of them were that much better.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #690 (permalink)
Registered

UM hires Mike Hart as RB coach today.
Old 01-13-2021, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #691 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
UM needed to fire Harbaugh.... but I'm glad they didn't!
Old 01-13-2021, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #692 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
UM needed to fire Harbaugh.... but I'm glad they didn't!
I thought Harbaugh just signed a new contract;

"$4 million
Harbaugh's new contract will pay him a base salary of $4 million in 2021, which will increase to $4.426 million in 2025.5 days ago"

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2021/01/08/jim-harbaugh-contract-michigan-football-through-2026/3847549001/
Old 01-13-2021, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #693 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
I thought Harbaugh just signed a new contract;

"$4 million
Harbaugh's new contract will pay him a base salary of $4 million in 2021, which will increase to $4.426 million in 2025.5 days ago"

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2021/01/08/jim-harbaugh-contract-michigan-football-through-2026/3847549001/
I told a friend from Michigan that the Buckeyes are picking up half the contract just to thank Michigan for the favor.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #694 (permalink)
Registered

^^^
It's only a four year contract. The plan is for Jim to take Sabans job when he retires in 2025
Mostly to help the Buckeyes out.

Last edited by stevej37; 01-14-2021 at 08:18 AM..
Old 01-14-2021, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #695 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage

Bama fans everywhere will always be grateful to Rita......

Old 01-14-2021, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #696 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Sorry in advance LSU, OSU and "Bama. Looks like Clemson is going to be in the transfer game now too. Don't think it will ever be Dabo's "go to" move, but at least we will be LOOKING at the portal now. Wouldn't mind snagging our own Trey Sermon or Joe Burrow at some point.

Clemson's plan is to move Danny Pearman into a scouting role that will include both self-scouting and transfer portal evaluations. This is significant because Dabo Swinney has historically not wanted to recruit the portal. He's showing he's willing to move with CFB as it changes.

Grace Raynor (@gmraynor) January 15, 2021
1977 Mexico Blue flared, 3.2, back date, sunroof-delete Coupe - under refinement.
1972 Black T coupe to Longhood Turbo R5 tribute car (someday)
Old 01-16-2021, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #697 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw28210 View Post
Sorry in advance LSU, OSU and "Bama. Looks like Clemson is going to be in the transfer game now too. Don't think it will ever be Dabo's "go to" move, but at least we will be LOOKING at the portal now. Wouldn't mind snagging our own Trey Sermon or Joe Burrow at some point.

Clemson's plan is to move Danny Pearman into a scouting role that will include both self-scouting and transfer portal evaluations. This is significant because Dabo Swinney has historically not wanted to recruit the portal. He's showing he's willing to move with CFB as it changes.

Grace Raynor (@gmraynor) January 15, 2021
Florida has picked up 3 players so far from the portal. Dan knows how to use it. The last one is the kicker from Hail State who graduated this year and has a year of eligibility left. He was recruited by Dan in 2016.

Now as far as Clemson is concerned - hearing that Urban is going to select Trevor in the draft for his Jaguars. IMHO, this will be fantastic for Trevor! And for Urban and the Jags, as well.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #698 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
My team lost, and i'm not as angry as you, what gives ?....are you a Texas A/M fan ?
No.

Quote:
My Buckeyes did the same thing your team did this year.... lost to Alabama.
No they did not. I'm a homer for a conference, a few teams outside of that conference, and can not stand Notre Dame. OSU should not have been there, and we all know it.

Sark to Texas. Not going to change much.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #699 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
No they did not. I'm a homer for a conference, a few teams outside of that conference, and can not stand Notre Dame. OSU should not have been there, and we all know it.

Sark to Texas. Not going to change much.
So please anoint us with your knowledge of who SHOULD have been in the final 4 this year, and who you cheer for !

Old 01-16-2021, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #700 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: