Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

The 5hp MTD did this today. He didn't want to wake up easily...had to use the electric start.

Old 01-26-2021, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
I always have to use the electric start on my Made To Die But mine has a Tecumseh engine I think.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Registered

lol...first I've heard that!
Old 01-26-2021, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Looks like he's headed to S. Lake Tahoe/Incline Village/Reno. Possible 5 to 6 FEET of snow 50+ MPH winds in the next few days. Sounds like Donner Party type snow event.
1977 Mexico Blue flared, 3.2, back date, sunroof-delete Coupe - under refinement.
1972 Black T coupe to Longhood Turbo R5 tribute car (someday)
Old 01-26-2021, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej37 View Post
lol...first I've heard that!
I'll tell ya what. The MTD customer service rep gets really defensive when you call it that.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Registered

Clouds cleared overnight....5 degrees this morning...but no new snow.

Weathergal said small amt of snow this weekend and then a general warm-up next week.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Brew Master

Garage
We're supposed to be in for some snow on Sunday. Early forecasts were up to 8". Don't know where we're at now. I'm heading to the woods again to look for sheds. Too nice out to be inside.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
Registered

Yeah..it's a beautiful day outside today. The sun is really getting some strength...can feel it good.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Yeah..it's a beautiful day outside today. The sun is really getting some strength...can feel it good.
29 was the high but it felt like 40! Had a great walk through the woods today. Didn't find the shed I was looking for but still a nice walk. I guess they're calling for around eight inches of snow coming in Sunday. I'll go make sure both snow blowers run. That way we'll only get an inch or less.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Registered

Winter is definitely here (northern Vermont)...right now its about zero F and windy - equating to a chill factor of about 20 below...and won't go above zero until sometime Sunday afternoon.

Currently out of bourbon...so have concocted a cocktail of rum, gin, campari, sweet vermouth, and a fresh squeezed orange. Hmmm...could call this a "Pirate's Negroni?"

Amazing how the cold gets the creative juices flowing! - suddenly thinking of a cocktail with all of the above...plus maybe just a little bit of - wait for it - peppermint schnapps! Gotta go!
Old 01-29-2021, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
Registered

^^^ From a suggestion on am tv....I bought a bottle of Smirnoff Peppermint Twist Vodka.

When the weather is bad outside....2 shots of the Smirnoff...1 pack of hot cocoa...8 oz. hot milk instead of water.

Very good.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
Registered

Beautiful day today, and I got one hell of a deal on some lawn equipment. This guy was selling a bunch of stuff for one low price, but hadn't had any takers for 2 weeks, he just wanted his barn cleaned out. Now, I just need to get it all unloaded before big snow (4-8") hits tomorrow night.

I ended up getting;
-3 garden tractors John deere, and Craftsman
-3 riding mowers Cub Cadet, and Craftsman
-4 self propelled mowers mostly Craftsman
-2 gas powered edgers
-1 electric snow blower

These all appear to be in good condition, and might actually run/mow with some work, and should be worth quite a bit when polished up, and the grass is growing. ( I PAID $500 for all of it !), This stuff absolutely filled up my 8' truck bed, and my 18' car trailer.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
^^^ From a suggestion on am tv....I bought a bottle of Smirnoff Peppermint Twist Vodka.

When the weather is bad outside....2 shots of the Smirnoff...1 pack of hot cocoa...8 oz. hot milk instead of water.

Very good.
Awesome taste, we have been doing this since last year. the Smirnoffs really adds to the cocoa.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Jackass! You called down the thunder!
Old 01-30-2021, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)
Registered

^^^
Geez...you guys are are in for it!

The storm is going further south than they predicted a couple days ago.
They changed the snow outlook for us to less than 2 inches.
Old 01-30-2021, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
^^^
Geez...you guys are are in for it!

The storm is going further south than they predicted a couple days ago.
They changed the snow outlook for us to less than 2 inches.
A little "further South" of you is me ! (I'm about 60 miles South of the Michigan border) Old man Winter will be visiting tonight !
Old 01-30-2021, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Don't worry C! I just went out and fired up both snow blowers and hooked up the plow to the UTV. Should make for less than an inch now that I'm ready for it.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
I see you

Well that'll do in the skating unless I can get a snowblower onto the pond.

“There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence.”
Old 01-30-2021, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Well the whole being prepared so now it won't come didn't work! I'm about to go out and do some plowing but it's still coming down.. Thanks Steve!!
On the plus side, tracking rabbits today to where they're sitting shouldn't be hard to do!
Old 01-31-2021, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)
Registered

a quarter inch or so here...might have to get the broom out.

Old 01-31-2021, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: