Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
New Jersey (northern) paint chip repair needed

My 911 front bumper was recently painted (black) then today I got a smallish chip from a rock. I sanded, 2000 grit, used touch up paint, let it cure, then sanded with 2500 grit. I was patient and gentle but somehow sanded through the paint to primer!.. I then attempted the touch up process again but it looks terrible. Is there someone in the NNJ area that can repair that area without having to remove the bumper? Which of course would save time and money... and I would also hate to endure that huge production again!
Thanks

Old 11-09-2020, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
The touched up problem area

Under the touch up paint there is a chip and is slightly sanded through. Can this be repaired without having the bumper removed and fully painted?
Old 11-11-2020, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

yes it can but the best way to do it is to just pull the bumper off the car and repair it.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
R&D guy

For items that were too big a job for me to handle myself, or that needed better tools and techniques than mine, I've had good luck with Robbie's - the shop with the neon 911 profile on the front right side above the garage bays.

They are on Rt 46E in Dover, NJ.

Old 11-27-2020, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: