Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Wiper arm assembly

I wonder if anyone could post a pic of their wiper arm assembly . 10 years ago I damaged paint around my wiper arms upon reassembly after Glass out repaint.
I am getting the paint repaired now and realize I must have assembled things incorrectly. Looking at the parts fiche now I think I must have installed the bushing upside down so it push pressure on the paint.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Old 11-21-2020, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

I have the loose parts in front of me if that helps ?

Edit .
It looks like you installed the rubber gasket right way up , but is it’s sister part on the inside in place ?

Last edited by ian c2; 11-21-2020 at 06:05 PM..
Old 11-21-2020, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

From memory , I think the inner side parts must be in place because I believe I only removed exterior components but will need to disassemble to refresh my memory.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Here’s some pics .
Hope they help.
Yellow car with chrome is early , loose parts with black are late .
In the last 2 pics i’m holding in my hand to show the difference I shapes if the outer rubber was installed backwards .
Last photo is correct orientation with “flat” sides on the external rubber which looks like your photo , but I do not know if it would look the same if installed backwards .
With a little more thought , I would now say you have the outers on backwards , and thus the torque of the motor has moved the shaft in the hole and reamed your paint .
The last photo clearly shows the protruding bit that centers the shaft and rubber in the hole, and buts up against its counterpart on the inside when tightened down .

Last edited by ian c2; 11-21-2020 at 08:50 PM..
Old 11-21-2020, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Do any of these parts move when the wipers operate ? If I recall correctly what happened with mine , I think the outer part moved with the wiper arm damaging the paint

Old 11-22-2020, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Looks like I am missing the grommet , I only see the metal cap. Car is at the paint shop now going tomorrow to look at it / disassemble

Old 11-22-2020, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

No. Only the inner shaft that the arm bolts to should move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inniswhe View Post
Do any of these parts move when the wipers operate ? If I recall correctly what happened with mine , I think the outer part moved with the wiper arm damaging the paint

Old 11-22-2020, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: