Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Throw it on the ground!

Mastercool Refrigerant Scale 98210-A

Just bought a new toy that will allow me to charge my system with "known" refrigerant quantity vs. guessing with small cans. While it's possible to optimize the charge using small cans, it's impossible to determine the actual quantity used with any degree of accuracy (i.e. adjusting for regrigerant in the charge lines, lost during line purging & can changes and determinine how much was used in the last partial can, etc.)

Every source I've read on charging recommends using a 30lb container vs 12 oz cans. Anyone here have any experience using one of these scales?

Who was it who said A/C is a "slipery slope"? (scottb)

My name is Mark and I'm an A/C addict!

Happy Birthday to the Ground:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e4e2187156/andy-samberg-i-threw-it-on-the-ground

Last edited by mthomas58; 06-02-2008 at 09:41 AM..
Old 06-02-2008, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You're sick, Mark, very sick.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

It's getting hot. Let's fix my AC!

I've been knee-deep in the Jeep's stereo system upgrading that.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Throw it on the ground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb View Post
You're sick, Mark, very sick.

I may be sick, but now I'm cool!

Time to get busy, you're 1 condenser behind now. You need one more with a big rotor on it!
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e4e2187156/andy-samberg-i-threw-it-on-the-ground
Old 06-02-2008, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Throw it on the ground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnutzzz View Post
Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

It's getting hot. Let's fix my AC!

I've been knee-deep in the Jeep's stereo system upgrading that.

Bring in! Have you checked your records yet to see if the PO changed to barrier hose when he converted to 143a?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Throw it on the ground!

Opened the system this weekend to upgrade the front condenser unit with Griffiths new thicker unit and replace the evap blower motor with the Hurricane unit with 30% more airflow. My old motor was squealing. Recharging was a breeze with the scale. My system capacity is 38-39 oz of 134a.......just watch the scale, check gauges periodically to make sure pressures are OK and shut valve when desired qty is reached.

I'm midway through the charge in this photo - scale reads 1 lb 15.0 oz (my target today was 39 oz or 2lbs 7 oz per the scale readout). Once you know your system capacity, this method sure beats the P & T Chart Method.

Better view of scale readout (1 lb 14.5 oz)
Old 07-05-2009, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: