Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
This is such a great build and a fun read all the way through. I started over on p11 this am with a good cup of coffee to show my full support! Good luck with the final push to get her on the road as this will be the “talk of the town” at the event. Congrats on a well-executed package.

Old 12-11-2019, 01:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #401 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
So didn't make it to Stuttgart Santa-Day at Hendrick Porsche this past Saturday. Decal drama, glass seal drama, fiddly bits, but should be done very soon.

Tried the aftermarket seals for the front and rear glass. Yeah, no dice. Had issues with one side of the Carerra decal. Got past that with the help of a 65 year old lady who runs an Oracal distributor near me called the "Clover Patch" . Let's just say I am NOT here typical customer (Thanks Mary!!)

Anyway, here is a pic as she sits now. Those are LED tail bulbs I picked up here on the board. And the vintage Blaupunkt 8-track with bluetooth is going in now.

Just for clarity, a lot of this work is being done by Dave, Charlie and Tyler at Sonderwerks in Cornelius, NC. Really cool shop that just opened this year. Oh yeah, former factory 917 constructor Martin Steger (also at Sonderwerks) has wrenched on it too.

1977 Mexico Blue flared, 3.2, back date, sunroof-delete Coupe - under refinement.
1972 Black T coupe to Longhood Turbo R5 tribute car (someday)
Old 12-17-2019, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #402 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
I drove it today. We need to tweak the ride height and adjust the rear camber, but I freakin' DROVE IT today!!!

1977 Mexico Blue flared, 3.2, back date, sunroof-delete Coupe - under refinement.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #403 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Nice!!
Old 12-18-2019, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #404 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Here's the proof. : )
Old 12-18-2019, 02:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #405 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
And we listened to Kiss "Destroyer" On the Blaupunkt 8-track too!

(I wanna Rock and Roll all night......)

Bluetooth works too.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #406 (permalink)

Dave

Garage
Looking forward to seeing it next month. Well done.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #407 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Just check out that photo above. So many things... so right.
Drove round trip to the Queen City yesterday (in my ‘91 BRG Miata) and was wondering about this wide body and the Sat event.

Edit: More pics please!
Old 12-18-2019, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #408 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToySnakePMC View Post
Just check out that photo above. So many things... so right.
Drove round trip to the Queen City yesterday (in my 91 BRG Miata) and was wondering about this wide body and the Sat event.

Edit: More pics please!

Here you go.

Tach needs a tweak. Resting at 200 rpm. Might run that vintage Barrier-Beck plate on the front.

Old 12-18-2019, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #409 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Pulled out a pair of 16x6's I am getting ready to sell. Just sat them in front of the car to see how they look. I am kind of surprised how well they work with the car. I think I need a set of wide 15" chrome Fuchs now. Doh!

I am SURE the wife will understand. In all honesty, she is REALLY pretty understanding, thankfully.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #410 (permalink)
Hopelessly Addicted

Nice! 👍
Old 07-22-2020, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #411 (permalink)
Registered

What a joy this has been to read; thank you for sharing this. The meticulous attention to detail and commitment to seeing it all through are just fantastic.

Do you work professionally in any related field, or is this way off where you normally spend your time? I have a good friend formerly of High Point, now in Greensboro - when I go to visit him next time, I hope there is some sort of an event that I can attend to take a look at this car.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #412 (permalink)

Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFS View Post
What a joy this has been to read; thank you for sharing this. The meticulous attention to detail and commitment to seeing it all through are just fantastic.

Do you work professionally in any related field, or is this way off where you normally spend your time? I have a good friend formerly of High Point, now in Greensboro - when I go to visit him next time, I hope there is some sort of an event that I can attend to take a look at this car.
Hi LFS,

Thank you for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the odyssey. It was (is?) certainly a commitment of time and resources. To answer your question, I actually don't officially work in the automotive field - unless you consider hunting down parts on the internet to be an official automotive job. I actually sort of fell in love with 911's later in life, but when I did, I fell HARD. I grew up doing shade-tree body work projects with my Dad (RIP) mostly on GM muscle cars and assorted MOPAR projects too. That is where a lot of my skill/passion comes from. But I had a TON of help from my buddies on this build. I still would likely be grinding on this thing if it wasn't for them.

And yeah, hopefully this COVID plague dies down and we can start doing car events again. North Carolina and Charlotte in particular is locked down pretty tight now. Stay healthy in the meantime so you/we can get the vaccine and then hopefully you can see the car in person at a Cars and Cappuccino or other event soon.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #413 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw28210 View Post

And yeah, hopefully this COVID plague dies down and we can start doing car events again.
^^^ THIS!! The last really nice car event I went to was DRT Miami in Feb. So glad I decided to go!

On another note: I've been following this thread as well and the car has turn-out beautifully.. kudos to you!
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 01-16-2021, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #414 (permalink)
Registered

Stunning creation and build. Nice vision and execution to the end. I want to build an interior like that when I can get another hot rod. You have had to have the biggest grin on that first drive. Congrats.

Old 01-16-2021, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #415 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: