Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Early 928 K Jet Fuel Line Revisit

Hey Gang,

Not trying to start a flamethrower fest, as it seems to be a sensitive topic to some...

Does anyone have any experience using Aeroquip socketless fuel line? Can this line be used with the Porsche barbed fittings, or should I use Aeroquip fittings? If so which fittings should I buy?
Fittings - Socketless Fittings - Socketless Hose Fitting

Thanks,
Old 07-03-2018, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
umop apisdn

The Genuine Aeroquip hose is very good quality stuff and I've been using it extensively on project vehicles for a couple of decades, however I'm very careful about where I use it and what for.

there are a few important things to consider:

AQP socketless hoses are in imperial (inch) fractional sizes and the Porsche fittings and hoses are metric (mm) sized with no interchangeable equivalents so don't mix and match hose and fittings as the socketless concept requires very exact sizing matches for the hose to grab and seal properly
Where possible use a correctly sized AN-Metric adapter or fitting, or get creative and there are weld on fittings that can be used to convert OEM line fittings and hard lines to accept sections of AN hose

Its a hose system designed for high frequency maintenance and inspection situations, military/aviation/racing etc., so inspect for leaks and faults regularly, it will probably last longer than normal rubber line but it is definitely not a fit and forget OEM part.
see http://aeroquipperformance.com/file/2781-Hose+Maintenance+and+Inspection+of+Hose+Assemblies .pdf

Their hose is happy with most fuels and fluids but does not like return based fuel systems
Quote:
A Caution about Fuel Injection
All hose listed in the AQP Performance Products catalog are
suitable for use with leaded and unleaded fuels. However,
caution must be used in fuel injection systems that recirculate
fuel. This causes fuel to oxidize which can attack the hose inner
tube. To increase service life, keep the time of exposure to
the oxidized fuel to a minimum. Drain hose line or flush with
original fuel or other suitable material.
have a read through the documents at Technical Specs

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 07-05-2018, 01:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the help, Steve.

It looks like I will be looking for some of the few remaining OEM spares.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
umop apisdn

the genuine components are listed here
Catalogue/Tooling
primarily in part 3

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 07-06-2018, 02:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

Don't know if I can help but I have had pretty good luck with re-making CIS Lines for the 911 & 924 and some VW products.

E mail me with photos and I will take a look.

Len dot Cummings at verizon dot net

Old 07-10-2018, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: