Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
36,757 mile manual 993 Cabrio with Aero Kit and Porsche Exclusive interior

Update:
Given the slow movement here I've made the decision to ship the car to my mechanic, Dave Esposito at ButziGear, to have him look over the car and give it some TLC. Aside from that, having the car at his shop will facilitate PPIs since it's spacious and has lifts, and Dave will be there during the workday to show the car to any interested parties. Shipping should hopefully occur within the next few weeks, and I'll keep this thread updated with progress to the best of my ability. See the "Note:" section below, the car will remain for sale while this goes on but the price will rise as work is done. Again, I'll do my best to keep it accurate throughout but feel free to reach out with any questions.

Original post:
Up for sale is the Porsche 993 cabriolet I inherited from my father. It's a beautiful car that he purchased in 2008 and drove very occasionally and only in good weather. Low original mileage, but has been sitting for a few years since before he passed. Ran and drove perfectly when parked; pictures reflect how it is right now. It's been sitting since ~mid 2016 when it would have been driven to its CT emissions test. It hasn't been started or driven since.

All paperwork is in hand and at this time it is now able to be sold. Clean CarFax available.

For anyone wondering why I don't keep it, he also left me a 1984 Targa which had a lot more sentimental value even though it's objectively less valuable. That one I'll never sell, it'll go to my eventual kids down the line. The Targa was parked right next to this car and for the same amount of time if not longer, it cleaned up perfectly. The Targa was old and tired before it was parked, which is where it's current restoration needs come from, but it was made roadworthy with the usual "car that has been sitting" TLC and repairs. I fully expect this 993 to be basically fully sorted with some TLC since it was flawless when parked.

The specs on the car are:
1997 993 C2 Cabriolet
6 speed manual
Black over black leather with a black top
36,757 original miles
Porsche Exclusive carbon fiber interior trim, steering wheel, e-brake handle
Porsche Exclusive red belts, gauges, and accent stitching
Sport seats
Factory Aero Kit
Factory wind deflector
HID headlights
Clutch replaced within the last 5,000 miles
Records from the last 10 years (the duration of my father's ownership)
Includes the original manual with some service records from earlier on also but not full records
TechArt exhaust, which sounds like stock cranked up to 11. Stunning sound.
Aftermarket wheels installed by the previous owner. I do not have the stock wheels unfortunately.
Trunk (frunk?) lid was replaced by a previous owner. Clean Carfax and no signs of any accident damage.
3 previous owners including my father

Aside from the wheels and exhaust fitted by the previous owner it is, as far as I know, completely stock including the factory stereo.

Car is as shown in the garage pictures.

It's a beautiful car and I'd love to keep both, but I don't have time or space for two roofless Porsches... And I don't think my better half would approve even if I did.

Happy to answer any questions here and inquiries via email at the address below which I set up for the sale. Would strongly prefer an in-person sale for logistical reasons but if there's interest from elsewhere let me know. It needs a good home where it's appreciated for the rare and amazing car that it is.

CTestate993@gmail.com

***Note: Originally asking $42,500 USD; price will be increasing as I invest in getting it running and sorted. I'll update this thread and the price as it gets worked on. If you're interested feel free to get in touch for the latest updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Erbe_911; 11-07-2019 at 07:01 AM..
Old 09-23-2019, 04:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Updated to add photos; I guess Tapatalk malfunctioned this morning. It caps at 10 per post so here are the other 4:

Old 09-23-2019, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Status update, included in the original post but replaced here for documentation:

Given the slow movement here I've made the decision to ship the car to my mechanic, Dave Esposito at ButziGear, to have him look over the car and give it some TLC. Aside from that, having the car at his shop will facilitate PPIs since it's spacious and has lifts, and Dave will be there during the workday to show the car to any interested parties. Shipping should hopefully occur within the next few weeks, and I'll keep this thread updated with progress to the best of my ability. See the "Note:" section below, the car will remain for sale while this goes on but the price will rise as work is done. Again, I'll do my best to keep it accurate throughout but feel free to reach out with any questions.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: