Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Wenski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 9
Horn sounding immobilizer reset?

2011 997.2 manual was all working fine. 45,000 km / 27,000 miles. Newer recent battery on trickle charge all winter tests 12v okay. Disconnected battery to remove steering wheel for recover, air bag was removed as part of the process. Airbag removed after 24 hours with battery disconnected.

Reinstalled steering wheel and airbag ensuring wire leads seated in grove and all connections correct and secure. Connected battery again and yes +/- aligned correct. When I enter car a beeping sounds and then horn sounds as in alarm mode and no ignition response.

I tried closing all doors and hatches including glove box and lock with key leave for one minute, open with key and same horn warning. Is there a correct sequence for the immobilizer reset? When I go into the car it starts beeping and there is an air bag light on lower display and then horn goes off. Any fixes or am I on the way to the dealer? I have a Foxwell NT 530 for Porsche 997 that connects properly and have only used for oil change resets. Appreciate advice

Old 04-09-2024, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Reply


 

Tags
997 immobilizer


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:53 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.