Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Rapewta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 984
2001 Turbo and no Dip Stick.

I just took ownership of a beautiful 1 owner 33k mile 6 sp coupe.
Drove it 400 miles home from southern calif. Nice P-car. The owner's manual was missing and I checked the oil level and clarity and low and behold... no more "dip sticks." I didn't know that the only way to check the oil level is the digital dash display.

So, now my question is that for ever, I always looked at the color of the oil and now you can't. Am I missing something? don't know yet because I just ordered the owner's manual.

We have had a nice 99 base 6 sp coupe and love the car. The 2001 Turbo is amazing.
Hans Mezger is the dude. Big difference.

__________________
67 396 corvette coupe. Sold
66 351 AC Cobra kit. Sold
99 996 man coupe
2001 911 Turbo man coupe
Old 04-10-2024, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
Rapewta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 984
I answered my own question.
The oil level display sans dip stick is in the computer displays you have to bring up through a menu.
Ordered the owner's manual.
This thread belongs in the 911 Turbo section. Sorry about that.

__________________
67 396 corvette coupe. Sold
66 351 AC Cobra kit. Sold
99 996 man coupe
2001 911 Turbo man coupe
Old 04-13-2024, 03:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:33 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.