Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
2002 996 C4S
 
jcsjcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY & Waymart, PA
Posts: 489
Garage
2002 996 C4S - Passenger Door won't open from outside

Hey All -

I can no longer open my passenger side door from the outside. When you pull the outside handle, the window comes down a little AND the door does not unlatch. From the inside, the door opens, but the window does not come down upon closing.

I considered taking apart the door myself, but after spending 15 minutes looking it over, I decided that I would likely do more damage to the leather, etc. than I can tolerate. The entire interior is gray leather and alcantara.

I also need to have the alcantara on the sunroof re-attached.

So I made an appointment with a car upholstery shop on Long Island with a solid reputation among Porsche owners.

They are going to take the door apart while I am there AND can replace any necessary parts as long as I supply them. Rather than hope a local Porsche Dealer has the needed parts, I plan to order them in advance and return what I don't use.

My list so far:
Inside Door Handle Tension Spring
Part #: 999-522-015-00-M100

Door Window Regulator (Electric, without Motor, Right)
Part #: 996-542-076-05-M1253

Window Drop Down Microswitch on Door Handle (Right)
Part #: 996-613-126-00-M100

Door Handle Micro Switch
Part #: 996-613-123-00-OEM

Door Lock Connection Piece (Left or Right)
Part#: 996-537-445-02-M100

Door Lock Cable (Left or Right)
Part#: 996-537-320-03-M100

MAYBE:
Door Lock Mechanism (Right) (YIKES - $600+)
Part#: 3B1-837-016-P-M100

Porsche Door Seals - Expensive.


Any thoughts / suggestions are appreciated!

__________________
jcsjcs
Have: '02 996 C4S
Had: '87 944, '84 911 Carrera Targa
Old 04-29-2024, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:44 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.