Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 333
992 for Father’s Day

I post on the 944 forum since I drive my late father-in-laws mint ‘83 5-spd 944. A fun classic. My two sons chipped in for my birthday and Father’s Day and rented me a 2020 992, red (Guards Red?), with turbo. HOLY CRAP that thing is a pure dream come true. Do you guys all get as much fun every day as I got from my weekend drive? My son and I drove it through the mountain canyon, and damn, the faster you drive it, the more it sticks to the pavement. But tell me this…I read that on rear-engine cars, avoid letting up on the gas in the middle of a turn. When driving really quick through a turn, I chickened out and let up on the gas, and I sensed the rear getting loose. I said “Forget it, I’m driving!” and pressed the gas and it glued to the ground through the turns. Was I dreaming or is this how rear engine drives? Cheers! I’m envious of you 911 guys👍

Old 06-17-2024, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
Pauld_94S2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 405
Yep, all that and more!
Old 06-20-2024, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 307
I love mine. Took it for some pace laps at the track on father's day while shaking out my new motor in the 914-6
Old 06-21-2024, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
911 911 is offline
Registered
 
911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Wrightwood, CA USA
Posts: 339
Nice! What track is this?
__________________
Rich Mitsuda

2007 997.1 GT3
2022 Audi Q3
2005 MINI Cooper S
Old 06-28-2024, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
911 911 is offline
Registered
 
911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Wrightwood, CA USA
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973914 View Post
I love mine. Took it for some pace laps at the track on father's day while shaking out my new motor in the 914-6
Holy cow - I just realized that we both have been members on this forum for a long time (we are only 2 months a part)!!
__________________
Rich Mitsuda

2007 997.1 GT3
2022 Audi Q3
2005 MINI Cooper S
Old 06-28-2024, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 307
That is Carolina MotorSports Park or CMP. Located in Kershaw SC. And yes how funny is that join date??

Old 06-28-2024, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:46 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.