|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
New 996 Seats Redone this week
Hi Folks
a little brag here. Tomorrow i am getting my 996 savanna beige seats redone. The car is still looking great, drives great but the drivers side seat is showing the 23 years age. Finally torn, but just uncomfortable to sit in , its jut old. Every time I would jump in for a drive, I sit, I would be disappointed of the feel. So off to get both redone for $3000 , a fair price in southern ca. In my research. I got bids from 2800 to 3500 . The decided on shop was clean, had 4 hands on staff. What sold me was they pulled out the color book, and matched the Audi = Porsche swab and ordered the hide from Germany Porsche, new foam seat bottom + all where needed. more to follow in 1 week. But a very exciting update for my happiness. wish me well.. I.ll post the make-over next week. ![]()
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dahlonega , Georgia
Posts: 16,096
|
I had my standard 996 seats rebuilt last year by a local guru . I asked him to build up the bolsters , add more foam to the bottom and add lumbar support . He did a perfect job and the seats are so much more supportive and comfortable . Good luck with yours .
__________________
2002 Boxster S . Arctic silver + black top/int. Jake Raby 3.6 SS engine " the beast ". GT3 front bumper, GT3 side skirts and GT3 TEK rear diffuser. 1999 996 C4 coupe black/grey with FSI 3.8 engine . Rear diffuser , front spoiler lip with ducktail spoiler . |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Did you go with the gathered leather again?
Good call on the new foam! Too many people put new leather over bagged out foam and then wonder why the seats don't look or feel factory fresh.
__________________
max |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dahlonega , Georgia
Posts: 16,096
|
^^^ I went with tartan plaid centers similar to early GTI's . I find cloth much more comfortable than leather . The rest of the seats were done in leather .
__________________
2002 Boxster S . Arctic silver + black top/int. Jake Raby 3.6 SS engine " the beast ". GT3 front bumper, GT3 side skirts and GT3 TEK rear diffuser. 1999 996 C4 coupe black/grey with FSI 3.8 engine . Rear diffuser , front spoiler lip with ducktail spoiler . |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Seats Done
Hi Folks
update , They are done and i am very pleased , i expected to get the car back Friday Aug 9th , wife was in the car to drive me over, I called , I am on the way - they zonked me. Wont be done till Mon . So I actually picked the car up Friday Aug 16 Original Review, excellent , yes we got these re-done with the gathered finishing like the originals. to keep it semi original . Color close - the car is 22 yrs old so maybe some sun fade or whatever. But close enough for me. Come on this is not a trophy car. Comfort 10+ the old seat was like driving in a dish, and was just bad , new foam , and you can feel the " bucket " seat feel again. 5 Stars ReCon Pro's Laguna Hills CA 23272 Del Lago 5 Stars , very pleased , here are the pics ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Re-Con Pros 23272 Del Lago Laguna Hills CA
Bonus I asked all the original scraps be saved for somebody that might need them . FREE just pay for postage Fedex approx $40- 50 so I dont cram them together. they need a slightly bigger box , seats were dyed 10yrs ago to clean up the yuck, just fyi , likely good for a patterns or a patch in , its yours if i get several replies , my wife will pick one at random , I.ll check later and we can arrange shipping |
||
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Scrap Pictures
Pictures of the 2 Seats both seats all pieces
![]() ![]()
Last edited by markp92692; 08-22-2024 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: remove image |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Add Photo
And here is the car ( older picture, but nothing has changed except the new seats - oh yeah
Forest Green Metallic![]()
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
The Forest Green with Savannah Beige is a very nice combination!
__________________
max |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Standing by for 1 more week, then the scraps are going in the trash can
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Aug 2024
Posts: 3
|
Seats look great. Looks like a good match with the rears.
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Aug 2024
Posts: 2
|
The finished result looks very nice!
I just recently acquired a C4S in Forest Green Metallic, absolutely gorgeous color. My seats are pretty beat up as well, but interior color is Natural Brown, so I'll probably have to get them redone in a custom shop as well. |
||
|
|
|
|
|
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2024
Posts: 1
|
Hi Folks
a little brag here. Tomorrow i am getting my 996 savanna beige seats redone. The car is still looking great, drives great but the drivers side seat is showing the 23 years age. Finally torn, but just uncomfortable to sit in , its jut old. Every time I would jump in for a drive, I sit, I would be disappointed of the feel. So off to get both redone for $3000 , a fair price in southern ca. In my research. I got bids from 2800 to 3500 . The decided on shop was clean, had 4 hands on staff. What sold me was they pulled out the color book, and matched the Audi = Porsche swab and ordered the hide from Germany Porsche, new foam seat bottom + all where needed. more to follow in 1 week. But a very exciting update for my happiness. wish me well.. I.ll post the make-over next week. |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Do you still have these? Im kinda local and can grab these
The Forest Green on Tan is a keeper combo. Seats look great
__________________
Simon Too many projects & a daily TDI: -1966 Lotus Elan FHC (wasnt supposed to be a project) -1969 Porsche 912-6 (not a project, yet) -1986 325es with a 10:1 2.7L M20 (trying hard not to be a project) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
yes i still have the scraps . i just could not throw them in the trash
I live 5 mins south of the Irvine Spectrum . email me m @ rkp_9 two six 9 two @ yah00 also reply here so when i check in |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
__________________
Simon Too many projects & a daily TDI: -1966 Lotus Elan FHC (wasnt supposed to be a project) -1969 Porsche 912-6 (not a project, yet) -1986 325es with a 10:1 2.7L M20 (trying hard not to be a project) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
email did not arrive ma rkp underscore 9 two six nine Tw0 @ ya.....
dam robots scour these boards resend |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Oct 2024
Location: SF, CA
Posts: 73
|
Would have been super cool to do the inserts in green to match the exterior.
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
still have them ma rkp_92647 at ya h00.com say PORSCHE SEAT LEATHER in the subject so i can find it
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Nov 2024
Posts: 3
|
I know its an older original post, but those do look great. So they were able to order new OEM leather from Porsche in Germany (thats what is sorta sounds like from the original post?...)?
|
||
|
|
|