|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
|
996 Fuel Door Hinge
This is such a piddling little problem I am a bit reluctant to bring it up. On my last fill-up, the fuel door hinge on my 2001 996 C2 broke. It's mostly plastic; the folks in Stuttgart probably saved 0.001 grams in weight. At any rate, the replacement part that everybody is offering is 997 201 063 (clearly a 997 part), which can be mounted but does not clear the anchor point for the tether on the fuel cap (see pics). So it can be used, but I had to remove the tether. Not a big deal but not right. Anyone have any wisdom (on this subject) to share?
![]() ![]() ![]()
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
|
Fuel door / anchor point
I made the same replacement and found the tether point obscured. I'm planning on drilling a new tether point, but before that happens, i have stuck the tether end into the square hole in the new hinge. The tether stays in place there unless you pull hard on it.
|
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,186
|
Where do you hang it when you are refueling? My 01 did not have a hook. So I used a Porsche valve stem support it worked great.
https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/96536156100.htm?pn=965-361-561-00-OEM&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwgfm3BhBeEiwAFfxrG8KJiGjNgNyncRj8lwJs cNa9iP71c2gJJQfiaIf5BbXUPNKRFfHfexoCDcAQAvD_BwE
__________________
2013 991.1 Carrera S Cab 2004 996 Turbo CAB X50 sold 2003 996 cab 6 speed Sold 1972 RS 3.2 twin plug short stroke crank fire, roll bar, sold DE instructor since 1985 |
||
|
|
|