Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2024
Posts: 15
996 transmission with an LSD is there some help?

I have a 996 transmission with an LSD installed that I am going to be using on my project.
But I have some questions I could really use some help on.
Serial Number on transmission is G96011010426
So based on that it is a 996 transmission from a 2002-2004/5 I believe.
The coding does not have the LSD, I had that installed after the fact.
I included the pictures of the paperwork that came with it. it was in German but I used google translate.

I apparently need a slave cylinder is this the right one?
99611623706
[URL="https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/99611623706.htm?pn=996-116-237-06-INT"]

I am using this transmission in the Back of a 1972 Baja Bay Bus.
Based on that with the 25%/65% how should I expect this to drive?
How will it perform offroad?
on the streets?
Is this LSD mainly designed for track setup?
what will it do in the rain?
Snow?

My idea was was to out 33 inch tires on it.

motor is a 400 hp ford ecoboost 3.5 twin turbo.












Old 10-04-2024, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
gearhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Loverland, CO
Posts: 23,986
That is a very anemic LSD designed for use in the street car. I often call it a rain and ice LSD. Nothing aggressive about it at all.
__________________
1974 914 Bumble Bee
2009 Outback XT 5MT Ltd
1970 914-6 GT conversion racecar
Old 10-07-2024, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2024
Posts: 15
Thankyou for that reply. I barly know what an lsd was. But given the choice to have it or not I heard it was better to have it.

Old 10-07-2024, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:09 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.