Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
Is the Antique 996 is the easiest and cheapest 911 now?

I just re-purchased my old 1999 C2 996 3.4 Tiptronic Silver Coupe!
Its an Antique now in CT now too!

I drove this 911 for 10years and got it to 168K miles before i sold it for peanuts for the new 991S ,I Ran the Vin number and it was my old 996 I drove from 04 to 13 beater car , CA to FL to CT nonstop highway car those years. i40 AND i95.
The Best 911 I have every owned and NEVER let me down once, always made it home.

It is back home now and 10 years later 2024 it needed some tune up some stuff.
Last owner never drove it and still even had my old tires and floor mats.
So the 996 Parts are super cheap online and very easy to replace compared to all other 911 I have owned.
Also driving the 996 is far superior on back paved roads and dirt roads compared to the 991 too.
Thinking the 996 is the best 911 now.
the other 911 cars are so stooopid expensive and NOT fun to drive now.
996 is low computers, super easy to fix and parts are very cheap and fun fast car ..
I really like the 996











Old 12-10-2024, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
rfuerst911sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dahlonega , Georgia
Posts: 16,096
I couldn't agree more , the 986 and 996 are the best bang for your buck in the Porsche world . Modern enough to give comfort but still raw enough to provide road feedback . Still relatively small/light but packed with safety features . Most maintenance is DIY friendly . My Boxster S has 140k + miles and my 996 C4 has 150k + miles on the chassis . The doors still close like a bank vault and no rattles or squeaks. Pretty impressive .

__________________
2002 Boxster S . Arctic silver + black top/int. Jake Raby 3.6 SS engine " the beast ". GT3 front bumper, GT3 side skirts and GT3 TEK rear diffuser. 1999 996 C4 coupe black/grey with FSI 3.8 engine . Rear diffuser , front spoiler lip with ducktail spoiler .
Old 12-11-2024, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:29 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.