Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2024
Posts: 12
Temperature Gauge and needle "Red blinking"

Hi 🙂
I have a c4s from 2003.
To resume my last change on my car last month :

Water pump
Calorstat
Coolant Expansion vase with the level sensor
Belt and belt bearing

Drive at least 300km with no problem.

I had a trouble with the steering pump but it was just a bad connection and lost liquid and need to clean all behind the pump.

After that...
After some kilometers I had the red warning light (blinking) and the needle go down (Motor Temperature).
Sometimes it stop and sometimes the problem coming again.
I saw that the day after looking for the steering pump, It was strange. The needle Temperature go up very slowly but no red warning.

If I let the car in the garage and wait, the needle go to the normal Temp. Slowly.

I change the Temp sensor on the Oil pump.

Same problem.

I put the old level coolant sensor.

Same problem.

The weather is a little bit cold but last year no problem.

I have my Oil pressure who seems to be at the end of is live (saw it from a long time) and when the warning come for the Motor Temp the needle of the Oil pressure seems to be "normal".

I lost my mind with this problem 😕

Anyone can help me ?

Thank you 🙂


Old 12-20-2024, 03:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
JFP in PA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Earth.............
Posts: 2,908
Four functions of the coolant warning light:

1. Engine coolant level too low
— light flashes slowly (0.5 Hz)
2. Engine compartment temperature too high
— light flashes slowly (0.5 Hz) (engine compartment blower might be faulty)
3. Engine coolant temperature too high
— light is lit; pointer on the right
4. Temperature sensor at water outlet faulty
— light flashes rapidly (1 Hz); pointer on the right

Note
The temperature warning in point three is indicated if the conditions "engine coolant temperature too high" and "engine coolant level too low" are present simultaneously
(1Hz = 1 flash per second. 0.5Hz = 2 seconds per flash)
__________________
__________________
Accrochez-vous bien de vos rêves..........."
Old 12-20-2024, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2024
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Four functions of the coolant warning light:

1. Engine coolant level too low
— light flashes slowly (0.5 Hz)
2. Engine compartment temperature too high
— light flashes slowly (0.5 Hz) (engine compartment blower might be faulty)
3. Engine coolant temperature too high
— light is lit; pointer on the right
4. Temperature sensor at water outlet faulty
— light flashes rapidly (1 Hz); pointer on the right

Note
The temperature warning in point three is indicated if the conditions "engine coolant temperature too high" and "engine coolant level too low" are present simultaneously
(1Hz = 1 flash per second. 0.5Hz = 2 seconds per flash)
__________________
You are every where

I'm in the case 4 but already change the T sensor :/

I can't upload video :/

Old 12-20-2024, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:11 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.