Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Caves of Altamira
Posts: 22
996 Reawakened after 5 years

I'm in the process of bringing my 996 race car back to life after essentially being in storage in its enclosed trailer for the last 5 years. I did a race in March 2020 on the weekend the pandemic lockdowns were declared, the car got parked with the fuel that was in it, then life got in the way and there it essentially sat until now.

I moved late last year and had no choice but to start the car a few times to move it, but I did manage to change the oil before that. I'm now in the process of bringing the car fully back to track ready. My plan is to drain the fuel, inspect the tank for any residue or debris, fill it with fresh ethanol-free fuel & Techron, change the fuel filter, and see how it's running before changing the oil again.

I started to remove the fuel level sender and pump assembly and promptly snapped the nipple off what I'm assuming is the tank vapor vent port. I removed the charcoal/EVAP a long time ago, so I'm assuming that's not going to be a problem. I know it's not ideal having it vent directly under the battery. I know the smart thing while I'm there is just to replace the fuel level sender and fuel pump given that both are 25 years old at this point.

Any other suggestions? Removing the fuel rails and injectors before/after for cleaning or overkill?

Old 04-18-2025, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:32 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.