Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 367
pros and cons of a wrap

Just purchased a 991.1 coupe last year. Beautiful car, excellent condition for a car with 85,000 miles. My only hang up is the GP white color. And don't get me wrong, I think white 911s are great looking. In fact, I've had 3 of them. But this is my first water cooled 911, and I feel like the more modern 911s need some color. I'm considering a "Miami Blue" wrap. The car is always garaged kept and would not be exposed to intensive heat or sun. Only issue is that the prior owner did a ceramic coating on it a couple of years ago. Not sure how this would affect a wrap. Any thoughts about doing a wrap vs keeping it original would certainly be appreciated. I've heard a good wrap will give me around 7 years if taken care of.

Old 04-29-2025, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
rfuerst911sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dahlonega , Georgia
Posts: 16,097
My 2 cents , I don't like wraps . For the cost of a wrap you can do other tasteful changes . A white car looks great with tinted windows as an example . How about painting the brake calipers and the exterior mirrors the same color . Maybe paint the wheel center caps to match brake calipers/mirrors .

Tie it all together with the same color side graphics . Can be a simple straight vinyl stripe or a " Carrera " script or even a checkered flag graphic . Simple/tasteful and easily reversed . Everyone's tastes are different so whatever YOU are happy with is the most important .
__________________
2002 Boxster S . Arctic silver + black top/int. Jake Raby 3.6 SS engine " the beast ". GT3 front bumper, GT3 side skirts and GT3 TEK rear diffuser. 1999 996 C4 coupe black/grey with FSI 3.8 engine . Rear diffuser , front spoiler lip with ducktail spoiler .
Old 04-30-2025, 03:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2025
Posts: 3
Personally I like wraps, makes it easy to change colors and add various graphics without damaging your paint. I wanted to add a lot of carbon fiber components to my 996.2, big money $$$. So I had a carbon fiber wrap done on the panels I was looking at upgrading, cheap way to see the end results. Very happy I did, after seeing it I think the front hood is too much, going to keep my red one.


Old 05-02-2025, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:23 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.