Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2025
Posts: 3
Genuine Diferences Felt Between 996 and 997 Carreras From The Driver's Seat

Hello guys,

So I am a current 996 owner who is wanting to get a 997. It is very hyped and said to be significantly better than the 996 in pretty much every way. I am not too sure about this. I have ridden in one on track and then been a passenger but never driven one (will change this next week)...

Before I try to find a 997.1 with a blown engine for my next project, I just want to know what someone who has had both thinks! This would be a carrera v carrera (S) situation tbh

Also, I would be daily / semi driving it. I would only be getting a manual and hardtop. Also, highways are 80mph out here so I would be driving 90-100mph pretty casually. I like the 996 doing those speeds but its a bit... IDK, noisy? Unrefined? Maybe that's just the tires so maybe the 997 is even louder with its wide body tires?

Now dont get me wrong, the 996 is VERY good at it high speed driving. I am thinking a 997 might be the Oklahoma-Autobahn-Cruiser I am looking for, especially after getting a 4.1L engine built by Slakker (tis the plan)

So yessir! Also, posting this up as to start the conversation. I will be putting up a wanted ad as soon as I can, so word is out that I am looking for a car specifically with a blown engine for this project!

Thanks,
- Max

Old 05-04-2025, 07:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:37 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.