Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Posts: 4
Problem with clutch bleeding

Car: 2000 996.1 C4 Manual cab. 77,500 miles

Background: Just completed an engine-out maintenance. Replaced clutch (Sachs), flywheel (Luk), IMS bearing, AOS, etc.

Problem: Had to disconnect line to the clutch slave cylinder to get it mounted. (Did not replace clutch master or slave cylinders.) I tried several clutch bleeding procedures with no luck. I could press the peddle to the floor and the clutch would engage. I could go through the gears successfully (car is on jack stands). However, the clutch peddle would only come up half way. I would need to pull it up the rest of the way. Then I tried the procedure in "101 Projects" and it worked - almost.
1. Connect pressure bleeder. (Used Pentosin DOT 4)
2. Press in and hold clutch peddle to floor.
3. Pump bleeder to 22 psi.
4. Attach bleeder hose to slave cylinder.
5. Open bleeder valve and wait until all bubbles pass. Then close valve.
6. Raise clutch peddle.

After closing the slave cylinder bleeder valve the clutch peddle worked properly. I tried the peddle about 10 times and it worked fine. Then I release the pressure on the bleeder tank and tried the peddle again. It would only come up half way! So I repeated the procedure again and had the same results.

What should I do next? Different procedure? Could I have a bad master or slave cylinder?

Old 05-24-2025, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Porsche 911 Carrera S
 
OldSharp997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 71
I can't add much for your specific problem but I can add a gizmo for easier breaker bleeding. I bought this clutch bleeding extension for my 2005 C2S 997.1. I brought the line up into the engine compartment. Good luck.

Old 05-25-2025, 01:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Posts: 4
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Old 05-25-2025, 03:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:10 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.