Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2025
Posts: 1
Found in oil pan

So I was doing the process of changing the chain guides on my 1998 Porsche Boxster and found the Chain tensioner unit to look like the picture - the back guide was completely missing and the metal clip under it has significant groove - so i will be ordering one of those today from Pelican. My question is when I dropped the oil pan to find any chunks of plastic or metal... I found these black circular pieces in the oil pan. Any idea what they came from?

Another question has to do with the sprocket from my older Boxster. In watching Jake Raby's videos he says I should replace it with the newer style... Is this really necessary? is there something that goes wrong with these sprockets?

Thanks in advance - I am new to tearing into this car and appreciate all the help I have found on this forum and many videos





Old 07-07-2025, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:13 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.