Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2024
Posts: 12
Locked scavenge pump 996.2 4s 2003 Tiptronic

Hello,

Need help…

I'm trying to get out the scavenge pump but she stuck with maybe 3 or 5mm inside…

Already low the engine to have all the bolts.


Old 01-06-2026, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
The Dude abides...
 
bigel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,228
Garage
Hey Friend,

Removing the scavenge pump involves accessing it from the rear of the cylinder head, often requiring removal of the exhaust, engine mounts, accessory bracket, or even the valve cover for clearance.

You’re likely going to have to remove more than you originally thought.

I myself have never tackled that job.

Good luck.
Old 01-19-2026, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2024
Posts: 12
I dit it !!!

i remove the black plate and unscrew a little the number 5 of the gearbox.

I reassembled the engine a little and move it a little with the jack

Now i clean all before replace all.

Do you know the*the tightening torque for the gearbox ?
I know for the scavenge it’s 10nm but the other…

​​​​​​​
Old 01-19-2026, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
The Dude abides...
 
bigel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,228
Garage
From what I read, 65 Nm (48 ft-lbs) for gearbox mount bolts.

Do you have any of the maintenance manuals for the car?

Good luck.
__________________
Steve
'03 Carrera 4S
Old 01-19-2026, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2024
Posts: 12
I only have in english but… technical terms are not easy for me to understand :/

I’m french and like all the world know we are not good in different language 🤭
Old 01-19-2026, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
The Dude abides...
 
bigel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,228
Garage
Have you tried copying text and pasting into Google Translate?

If you have an electronic version of the instructions you can easily copy/paste.

If not, you can try speaking/reading into the Google Translate, which I've also had success using.

Lastly, you can try the Google Lens feature where you use your mobile phone's camera to visualize text in English and it will automatically 'convert' the text into a different language.

Good luck...it's a tough situation.

Report back and let us know how it all worked out.

__________________
Steve
'03 Carrera 4S
Old 01-19-2026, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
 
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:23 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.