Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 183
MLR Porsche - new project

Keep an eye on this up-and-coming builder: MLR Porsche.
I met Mark and his sons years ago and have been following their work ever since. A good friend of mine has had several projects done by them, including some standout 993 Speedster builds and their take on the 996 platform. I know of two Speedsters that recently changed hands at premium prices $$$—purely because of the exceptional quality and craftsmanship.
I've just shipped my 2002 996 Turbo over to Mark and the team for a full bespoke rear-wheel-drive conversion. This will be their take on a Turbo RS if Porsche ever built one. The plan includes:

Ground-up seam-welded tub
Custom paint
GT3-updated suspension
Fully bespoke interior
Carbon fiber hood, roof, and other bits for weight savings
Engine bumped to around 520 hp and much more.

Since I'm in California, "traffic", and I have other manual Porsches, I went with the Tiptronic (which they'll upgrade, including steering wheel paddles). It'll be my daily driver—reliable, fun, and dialed in just right.

I'll drop video and photos as the build develops. If you're into custom 911s, these guys are the real deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4LnyobZjT8

Old 02-04-2026, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:12 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.