Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 454
Garage
991.1 license plate bumper holes

I picked up a 2015 991.1 Turbo (!!!) which has the factory license plate holes in the front bumper. I am going without a front bumper plate and want to plug the holes. I bought some Bumper Plugs in color match to my silver. But the plugs require a 9/32 hole and I am very reluctant to drill out the existing smaller bumper holes. What have people done to address this problem? Thx

Old 02-08-2026, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
JFP in PA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Earth.............
Posts: 2,908
Drilled out the holes............................
__________________
Accrochez-vous bien de vos rêves..........."
Old 02-08-2026, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 940
The Legislature of California passed Assembly Bill 984 on October 5, 2022 allowing for the product License Plate Wrap to be an alternative to the conventional metal license plates issued by the California DMV. This product is a vinyl contact paper recreation of your California metal plate. No drilling required. In fact, it will cover the hole you've already drilled. There is a website I don't have, but their address is:
License Plate Wrap
P.O. Box 4105
Huntington Beach, CA 92605
My car is usually at the PCA C&C meeting 1st Saturday, 8AM. There are a few others also.
Old 02-25-2026, 09:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 454
Garage
@smadsen Thanks for this info, but I have the car in another state that does not require front plates. So, I am still debating drilling out the existing plate holes and installing bumper plugs. Thank you

Old 02-26-2026, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:44 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.