|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5
|
Hi:
I have an ultra-low mileage 996 GT3 that has been very lightly driven in the past 12 years. I am now "recommissioning" the vehicle, and I need some insights into what suspension and slight engine upgrades could be made without butchering the car. I do not want to deviate too much from stock configuration. This car will not be tracked, and it will continue to be lightly used (but much more than in the past 12 years). Here are the items I am considering: 1) Sharkwerks coolant pipe fix kit 2) IPD plenum upgrade 3) Upgraded RMS seal - What should be used vs. factory version? 4) New water pump (concern over age and fragile plastic fins) 5) Replacement of original suspension bushings - What options are there for street use vs. hard-core track use? 6) Obviously, new tires 7) Other items?? Thanks for any insights!
__________________
'04 996 GT3, 3rd owner '00 Boxster S, 30K original miles, original owner '73 911T Coupe 31K original miles, 3rd owner '71 911T Targa, 49K original miles, original owner '69 Alfa Spider fully restored |
||
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
| Tags |
| 996 gt3 , 996 gt3 suspension , 996 gt3 updates , gt3 recommissioning , gt3 upgrades |